Saints pass D worse than Bills? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Everyone knows the Bills have the 31st ranked pass defense. But did you know the Saints defense gives up more yards per attempt?

Bills 6.5 yds/attempt
Saints 6.7 yds/attempt

And it turns out that the Saints might have the better rush defense.

Bills 3.1 yds/ attempt
Saints 2.7 yds/attempt

To be fair. Both teams have top 15 pass defenses based on attempts. And both teams have top 10 rush defenses based on attempts.

The difference is that we've been playing with 21 point leads and pratically allowing teams to throw underneath all game.

You will understand on Sunday. You might get some yards on us, but our secondary will get the ball back for Brees.

Everyone knows the Bills have the 31st ranked pass defense. But did you know the Saints defense gives up more yards per attempt?

Bills 6.5 yds/attempt
Saints 6.7 yds/attempt

Bills 3.1 yds/ attempt
Saints 2.7 yds/attempt

To be fair. Both teams have top 15 pass defenses based on attempts. And both teams have top 10 rush defenses based on attempts.

Sounds like you're "grasping for straws?" We'll find out Sunday.

I made some of these same comparisons in another post by a Bills fan.

Bills 6.5 yds/attempt
Saints 6.7 yds/attempt

Bills 3.1 yds/ attempt
Saints 2.7 yds/attempt

Don't know how big of a much a 0.2 difference and 0.4 difference is really? Splinting hairs with those numbers.

Total yards is really a terrible stat. Yards per play, and points per possession are far more useful.

Even more useful than that is to watch the teams play and get a feel for them. Stats only tell a pale shadow of the actual story.

You haven't played us yet.

I think you're YPA will go down in the first 3 quarters, but then you might make up for it in the 4th when we allow you to drive from 20 yard line to 20 yard line by completing a lot of 10-15 yard passes. You might then be able to improve the final score from 38-13 to 38-19...maybe.

Yards per play, and points per possession are far more useful.

I would like to find the yards per play stat on ESPN but haven't found it yet.

Wow!. Just found out that my Bills are the most penalized team in the league! Leading the way with 19 penalties for 167 yards! Average of 9.5 a game??? I'll have to keep my eye on that. I know Bell was penalized heavily against Ne England but I think he cleaned up most of his game in week two IIRC.

Don't know how big of a much a 0.2 difference and 0.4 difference is really? Splinting hairs with those numbers.

Not sure. It might actually be the one DeSean Jackson play. That was the longest pass play on you guys. 71 yards I think? compared to the Bills longest pass play of I think about 43 yards? that is probably the difference there.

Ypa and total yds doesn't consider passing td and ints. Look at defensive passer rating IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom