Saints passing offense will be Thomas, Kamara and Cook (1 Viewer)

Tqs too. He looks vastly improved from last year. He had 1 bad drop other than that hes been good. One thing I noticed he no longer bobbles when catching

But other than that not much at all

And not much of anything else.

Gotta hope Ginn can stay healthy to keep the defense honest and open up things in the middle of the field.

But yeah we are looking at some pretty anemic numbers from anyone else.

What are the odds Butler makes the team now?

LJH- Lil Jordan Humphrey.......I must be the only excited for the guy.

Ginn looks good. Not sure why he is being discounted. It's not like he's always injured. He will be integral. TQS is also getting open, and may do well. Kirkwood still around too. Butler was getting very open. He mis-judged that one pass that hit him in the face mask. Sky is falling!!!!!!!!! heh

Hill was able to spread the ball around once he came in.
I'm going to reserve my judgment till' around week 4 ?
Can't really tell until you see Brees back there. Butler flashed ability to get open, just managed to drop a perfect pass. Kirkwood has been slowed with an injury. Grayson might be developing, then there is Ginn. Josh Hill gets open periodically.

Still possible one more credible threat emerges from the mix.

Last edited:
I counted one ball that butler dropped that he should have had. That was the heat seeking missile that hill threw at him.
He was open countless times, but Bridgewater never found him. Trequan had a good game yesterday. Carr got open for a walk in TD, but Cobb is running some damn good routes.
Humphries will probably go to practice squad and be snatched up on day one.

Honestly, unless Carr flashes a lot, I see him getting beat out by the potential that Cobb brings, his curl route he ran yesterday was pretty.

Then you've got Grayson Jr which has done everything right so far.

Need to see extended time for all these guys in game three, cuts are going to be difficult.

And not much of anything else.

Gotta hope Ginn can stay healthy to keep the defense honest and open up things in the middle of the field.

But yeah we are looking at some pretty anemic numbers from anyone else.
What about Brees? He's part of the passing game too. All this talk about who is the number four guy is just so over rated. The year the Saints wont he super bowl I think 18 different receivers caught a pass that season breaking an nfl record if my memory serves me correctly. We might have broken that record last season. Who cares who number 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 is for that matter as long as they step up to the plate & make critical plays at crucial times. One thing is for sure though, if Drew Brees is being epic Drew Brees, he will use every tool in the tool box to keep the other team off balance & maximize his effectiveness.

We only need a dependable possession receiver... and maybe a speed guy to groom behind T.Ginn. Based on skill set, best case scenario Butler comes in and plays like a Colston type receiver, while Grayson develops behind Ginn.
The WR room would look like this:
Thomas / Smith (backup)
Ginn / Grayson (backup)
Butler / Carr (slot WR, only one makes the active roster)
Harris (kick returns)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom