Saints picking a front seven player isn't a "sure thing" (1 Viewer)

Can you imagine Tavon Austin getting drafted by NO, the outrage by fans on this board and ESPN analysts!

15 would be too early but i would love him in B&g.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I feel good about what we have personnel wise to make the transition to the 3-4. I like what we have along the D line and esp at ILB. Perhaps we could use some depth along the line, maybe another NT, but other than that, we're in good shape.

But we are thin at OLB. Right now, all we have are Junior and Tez. Not only is it their 1st year at OLB in the 3-4, there's no depth behind em. None. I like making a move for Butler, but we could use another OLB.

Opinions have been all over the place on who'll be there for us at 15. If one of the top 4 OLBs or an OT arent there, I was ready to trade down to the late 1st, and if possible, pick up a 2nd rd pick, but thinking probably no OLB would be there.

But I didnt know about Jamie Collins, either. He blew it up at the Combine, and caught the attention of alot of folks, including the Saints. At nearly 6'4" and 250, he's more than just a workout warrior. He put up solid numbers the last 2 years at USM, with 90 tackles and 10 sacks last year. And get this: he's a converted DB, which explains why folks said he was fluid. So he might be able to drop in coverage as well. With his size, speed and athlecism, he's just the kind of player we could use at SAM.

Collins is still a lil raw, and needs some coaching, but the upside is there. With the drop down, we could get a good CB, Collins and a S in the first 3 rds. I'd be happy with that!

I don't really care who they pick, I just want to see 2 playmakers on defense taken this year.

If I am the Saints...I am trying to trade back with a team like the 49ers. Of course it takes two to tango...but #32 and #34 would be a heck of a lot better than #15 (unless JJ, Werner, Jordan, or Star were there).

Then we could get a guy like Collins & Trufant....or Collins & Elam. Instantly improve our defense quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom