Saints picking a front seven player isn't a "sure thing" (1 Viewer)

Would think we could trde down several times in the first and pick up a player we need. thats my hope anyway

We couldn't generate a pass rush sending 4+ guys. That goes back to Greg Williams. We keep getting burned because our pass rush has stunk it up since '09... If we don't get beasts on the line, we'll be sitting here in week 3 posting about why don't we have a rush. We do this every year. Stop the merry-go-round and draft some heavy hitters up front. We got Cam Jordan and he made an impact. Let's do that again.

Would anyone be against Xavier Rhodes in the first and Jamie Collins in the 3rd? Honestly I'd rather mingo in the first and hope to land someone like Jordan poyer in the 3rd

I'm no draft guru, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact we'll be taking Xavier Rhodes in the first. The only way we pass on him IMO is if someone like J. Jones or Star slides to us. Mingo may be on that short list as well. JMHO.

I'm no draft guru, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact we'll be taking Xavier Rhodes in the first. The only way we pass on him IMO is if someone like J. Jones or Star slides to us. Mingo may be on that short list as well. JMHO.

If star or jarvis are there i would trade next years first and second to trade back into the first and get them both, we would be picking 32nd next year anyway

Draft insider Tony Pauline says the New Orleans Saints picking a front seven player is "not a sure thing."

Pauline instead suggests that the Saints, along with the 49ers, "will look hard at defensive backs in the early rounds of the draft." Since a specific position wasn't given, both safeties and corners appear up for grabs. The Saints are moving to a 3-4 base defense and seriously lack pass rushers.

Post-Combine Notes 1.0

per: rotoworld

this makes me think Kenny Vacarro & Xavier Rhodes could very well be the picks should they be on board at 15

Well that shouldn't make you think anything. The "draft insider" has no more information then has already been available on this forum.

Of course drafting front-7 is not a "sure" thing. Sure we may draft a CB or S. Or we may not. He presented nothing new.

I don't care, as long as it is a defensive player for at least our first 4 picks.

When you field the worst defense in NFL history, your War Room draftboard had better be falling into place like a game of Tetris when its time to make your pick. We should hire Leon Sandcastle to sprint to the podium for us.

The 2 guys that I'd hope fall is Moore from a&m or Jarvis from Uga. Both have to have big pro days if they expect to be given top 10 consideration.

If star or jarvis are there i would trade next years first and second to trade back into the first and get them both, we would be picking 32nd next year anyway
My guys is going to be a Beast!!

@evansilva: Per @DanPompei, #BYU DE Ziggy Ansah did not train for the Combine. Just kept going to class: NFP Sunday Blitz | National Football Post

IMO Milliner is the only DB that is top 20. I don't think we will go DB. THere will be too good a players at other positions still available to justify what would be a reach for a DB.

I still see us getting a front seven player with that first round pick...that third rounder could be a safety...but at #15 and with the projected 1st round talent...we should be able to get a good defensive front seven player.

I'm one of the few that thinks the front 7 is the strength of our defense. I'd prefer to see us go with a player in the secondary if one of the elite OLB's or NT aren't on the board.

I am with you. That is why I am praying that we get Elam, Rambo, Vacarro, or Cyprien, or (insert top CBs name here). We need a ball hawk or a bonafide playmaker a la Darren Sharper.

I'd be really happy with a safety at 15; corner would be cool too.

Can you imagine Tavon Austin getting drafted by NO, the outrage by fans on this board and ESPN analysts!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom