Saints plan to release DT Stallworth (2 Viewers)

Payton did the right thing by cutting Stallworth early so he will get a chance to latch on to another club. The guy hustled when in the game, but it was always clear he was limited in the things he brought to the table.

Seems odd to cut him this early. Why cut a guy who has proven to be a valuable reserve at times when we are carrying a 2nd punter? I agree it may have been tough for Stallworth to make the team, but would be decent insurance in case someone gets hurt.

Just wondering, how often does Mario Edwards play DE for us? And is he good there?
Would expect he goes if we were to sign Griffen or Clowney. Cutting him would add about $2.3 million to our available cap.

He is basically Woodrow Hamilton. Good enough to play in the league but his skillset limits him to a role-playing rotational backup. We have too much depth to keep him. He'll get a shot elsewhere, as Hamilton did with the Panthers. Is he the tenth worst player on our roster? No. But we already know what he is, he lacks upside, and we have numbers there. We need to keep newer guys and guys at thinner positions so we can evaluate them.

I must have had him confused with Tuttle. I thought thinking that he showed a lot of promised, and the stiff arm on Matt Ryan was legendary. As another user posted, I hope that Stallworth is on the practice squad.
Tuttle should be inducted into the ring of honor after that stiff arm he gave Mattyice. Every time I see the replay it gives me so much joy

Seems odd to cut him this early. Why cut a guy who has proven to be a valuable reserve at times when we are carrying a 2nd punter? I agree it may have been tough for Stallworth to make the team, but would be decent insurance in case someone gets hurt.
I wasn’t aware of a second punter ,would this be the eighth position that Taysom Hill plays

Profootballtalk reports Saints plan to release DT Taylor Stallworth

Wow… it's really crazy to see the growth of this team over the last 4 years. He was a player that got a lot of snaps his rookie year. Fast forward a couple years later and hes being cut the first week of training camp.

It just goes to show how deep we are at every position on this team.

This may be one of the most talented teams I have seen on paper. So here's to hoping for a full healthy uninterrupted season because I really think we have our best shot.

Hey you know he may not be picked up and we can put on the practice squad. I like Stallworth, he is a pretty solid player against the run doesn't give you much as a pass rusher, but can collapse the pocket on occasion. He would be insurance we lose someone God forbid due to injury or corona virus.

Shy Tuttle beat him out. Good guy tho, hope he can be put on our practice squad or finds another team somewhere else.

Stallworth provided some solid snaps as a reserve... but with the additions that we've made this offseason it makes sense to let him go now so that he has a chance to get on another roster before camp. Had we kept him around he would have been taking practice reps from other guys.

I wish him luck.

Stallworth was buried on this depth chart and with his limited ceiling had a snowballs chance of making the roster.

4 DTs are normally kept and Rankins, Onyemata, Brown and Tuttle are locks. Then you have Edwards and Hunt who are DEs that can play DT along with rookie Roach.

Stallworth is a servicable player who will find a team.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom