Saints plan to release DT Stallworth (1 Viewer)

I wonder why? Is Roach doing well enough to make him expendable?

He didn’t play much last year from what I can recall.

Not surprised. We've seen them let good players go before. Maybe he came in too overweight?

I figured that one. Sheldon Rankins, David Onyemata, Malcom Brown, and Shy Tuttle should be locks. I think Mario Edwards and Margus Hunt have a good shot to make the team as well and they both can play DT and DE. I don’t think Malcolm Roach will make it unless he out plays those two, but he doesn’t offer the versatility of them either

I figured that one. Sheldon Rankins, David Onyemata, Malcom Brown, and Shy Tuttle should be locks. I think Mario Edwards and Margus Hunt have a good shot to make the team as well and they both can play DT and DE. I don’t think Malcolm Roach will make it unless he out plays those two, but he doesn’t offer the versatility of them either
I must have had him confused with Tuttle. I thought thinking that he showed a lot of promised, and the stiff arm on Matt Ryan was legendary. As another user posted, I hope that Stallworth is on the practice squad.

Just wondering, how often does Mario Edwards play DE for us? And is he good there?

I like him. That's too bad. I predict he makes a roster and starts one day.

Tuttle took his spot last year so its no surprise that he is being released.

Stallworth is a good space eater and run stuffer but very limited in what he can do beyond that. He will find a team to play on no doubt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom