Saints Planning To Let Terron Armstead Test Free Agency? (1 Viewer)

But Nicks' career quickly came crashing down so luckily we didn't re-sign him.

Wasn't he caught up in that staph infection incident they had in the locker room? Seems I remember him getting really ill and weak.

Not sure about Roaf. Nicks got caught up in the medical issues at TB. His last full season was in 2011 with the Saints. It was a nightmare for him when he left the Saints.

I mean, that situation was pretty specific to Tampa Bay, they had at least 3-4 players get staph infection. That's pretty much what ruined his career.

It was very sad and unfortunate the way that staph infection ended Carl Nicks' career. He was an elite athlete and the Saints gave him a chance to prove his worth because he had issues stemming back from college that made it more difficult for him to find a team willing to overlook them. He protected Drew on every play and you could tell he loved playing for the Saints.

He was one of my favorite players and when he went to the Bucs it was heartbreaking for me. Then he got the staph infection in his toe and it ended his promising career. Another reason I hate Tampa Bay.
I wonder what he's doing now.

TA is the oldest LT CSP has used since late Jamal Brown and Jermon Bushrod years as their last seasons were 27/28 y/o seasons. TA is 30. It may be a smart move to let him test FA and grab a LT in the draft. Someone will pay TA a lot to be a LT so we should be able to get a comp pick. Ram needs to stay at RT, he's an All-Pro and one of the best in the league at RT. I wouldn't move a best in the league RT to LT where he's not as good. Let's just hope for a full season from TA in what might be his last in the Black and Gold.
Where did you get that he can't play LT that is the position he played in college. He started his rookie season off on the left side while Terron was out. Yes he is a great RT. Trust in the coaches they wouldn't put a clause in the contract for LT if they didn't think he couldn't play it. Remember they signed Hurst to a semi starter contract this offseason. Most people are forget that he has incentives in his contract for if he is starting. I thought all offseason if anyone of the tackles was out it was Terron. Look at the RTs we have won with Stinch and Streif. We have won despite not having an elite RT. Stinch was a 2 rounder and Streif a 7th This forum use to exploded every time Zac got blew by but he was good enough. You can not pay everyone.

It will undoubtably come down to what Armstead wants. If he wants to fit into the salary structure to make good money and retire, I think the Saints will go for that. If he views free agency as his last monster salary, which would be totally understandable, then I doubt the Saints can afford it, and will slide Peat over, and find someone at guard as short armed slightly slow college tackles seem to make excellent Saints guards

Where did you get that he can't play LT that is the position he played in college. He started his rookie season off on the left side while Terron was out. Yes he is a great RT. Trust in the coaches they wouldn't put a clause in the contract for LT if they didn't think he couldn't play it. Remember they signed Hurst to a semi starter contract this offseason. Most people are forget that he has incentives in his contract for if he is starting. I thought all offseason if anyone of the tackles was out it was Terron. Look at the RTs we have won with Stinch and Streif. We have won despite not having an elite RT. Stinch was a 2 rounder and Streif a 7th This forum use to exploded every time Zac got blew by but he was good enough. You can not pay everyone.

It was a discussion on here on in an article.

Also, key into where I said it was interesting about the contract. I trust the coaches and not some message board poster or random article. All, I did was pass on what had been previously discussed on here.

With Armstead consistently missing time each season I guessing the Saints front office is hedging on the league not backing the Brinks truck up to his front door thus facilitating him resigning for less coin than he would command otherwise. When healthy he's certainly among the league leaders. Just guessing.

You don't sign someone to a contract for what they have done. You sign them for what they will do. Armstead will be 31 years old, with a significant injury history, and he'll get his max contract. If we lose him, we create a big hole for ourselves, but sometimes you just can't sign everyone. If I'm investing, it's someone who's best years are ahead of them...and Marcus Williams might be that guy.

It will undoubtably come down to what Armstead wants. If he wants to fit into the salary structure to make good money and retire, I think the Saints will go for that. If he views free agency as his last monster salary, which would be totally understandable, then I doubt the Saints can afford it, and will slide Peat over, and find someone at guard as short armed slightly slow college tackles seem to make excellent Saints guards

I see it exactly the same way....I still think there are many that don't realize how good Armstead has been for us....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom