Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

These are the same who talk about white privileged yet they aren’t white and can’t understand. Two way street also Jenkins is a tool. Keep hustling people. Believe in the fake hype. All about the $$$$$$$ 6year old in office. How did Obama do for you. But but but. Victim ideology will never win

[/QUOTE]
+1 This (OUR) country needs a leader at this critical moment. Not 100% sure it's Biden, but I'm 100% sure it's NOT the ALIENATING 6 year old that currently occupies the office!

Biden is good when he isnt around children.

These are the same who talk about white privileged yet they aren’t white and can’t understand. Two way street also Jenkins is a tool. Keep hustling people. Believe in the fake hype. All about the $$$$$$$ 6year old in office. How did Obama do for you. But but but. Victim ideology will never win
Are you drunk or just having a Tucker Carlson induced seizure?

No one cares about Drew Brees standing during the national anthem. People are much more concerned with the rationale he uses to, essentially, denigrate those who protest via kneeling.

He's either obtuse or self-serving...and I'm leaning toward the latter.
Denigrate? Rofl. That’s priceless. Tell me you really don’t believe that or better yet tell me you didn’t read Drew’s comments before posting. Your grasping at straws now.

I have a question that maybe a person of color could answer. Why does the knee need to happen during the national anthem? Is there no other time that it would be possible without drawing the ire of the patriots around the country? I am not making light of the cause of BLM by asking this . I just want to know why its important to insult the flag and country for the cause. Help me understand.
Brown woman here. Let me attempt to answer this.
Protest is meant to spur change. In order to spur change, 1) You have to get people’s attention and 2) You have to create some sort of discomfort, some sort of discrepancy between where a person is and where they want to be.
So, why kneel during the National Anthem. It catches attention, doesn’t it? And doing during a televised event catches the attention of even more people. If you protest where no one can see or hear you, are you really protesting?
Why kneel at all? Kap and other players are showing you that they disagree that the current America is the land of the free for all Americans. At this time, it does not fulfill the same promise to all of its citizens.
I think that the response they received is predictable. People who are the haves often don’t want to reminder that there are have nots. They don’t want to be reminded that they’ve ignored the plight of their neighbors.
And so, they kneeled.

Sheople! The dude finds it offensive/disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. WHAT'S SO FRICKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS? It's not like he said he is against the message, just the act.

Yes, its not about the military or veterans to those kneeling, but to Drew the anthem is about paying respect to those.

Did kneeling stop police brutality? Did it change anything? NOPE!
So what have you done instead? Have you marched? Voted for change? Protested?

What has been your contribution?

Or are you only around to criticize the way others are trying to bring attention to systemic racism and centuries of injustice?

Ostensibly being a bully toward returning to a quiet oppression?

I back Drew Brees all the way. NO COUNTRY IS PERFECT, man is inherently evil they will screw things up.

It you didn't like our national anthem then change it, get elected and make changes or pray for your country.

I love my country and all the ppl in it and pray for our country daily.

Human Rights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Football

Drew better get his butt immediately out in front of the city, the country, the NFL, and his teammates, and genuinely apologize, and make about a $10 million dollar donation to BLM and protester bail causes.

Every second he waits just makes the rift he's caused irreparable. When you have Michael Thomas and Malcolm Jenkins so hurt, what are you waiting for Drew? I said after the Vikings game I was ready for him to retire. His words today may have well done that.

And that pic of him, Brittany and the Trumps on the internet, oh man.

To me this is just one of those subjects that will never be agreed on by everyone. I do understand that what kap did was not about the flag. But it's partly about timing and presentation. You could order a wagyu steak. But if it's served on a garbage lid from the alley you aren't going to eat it.

My father was a Marine. He served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Two of my uncle's were Marines. My father saluted the flag most of his 90 years on this earth. During reveille and retreat you stop and salute the flag. A side note, my maternal grandfather was a pilot for the Emperor during WWII.

While I agree the kneeling isn't about the flag imo it shouldn't be done during the anthem. Also for me, kap did this at work. Which is a whole other can of worms.

Drew saying this again now. Also not the best timing.

Also, no one seems to talk about the mayors, city managers or city council members when these crimes occur. Local law enforcement is overseen by the executive branch of city govt. They should ultimately answer for these things.

I hope I made some sense. I'm a couple gin and tonics in already.

Sheople! The dude finds it offensive/disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. WHAT'S SO FRICKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS? It's not like he said he is against the message, just the act.

Yes, its not about the military or veterans to those kneeling, but to Drew the anthem is about paying respect to those.

Did kneeling stop police brutality? Did it change anything? NOPE!
Everyone didn't do it together. Had they, maybe it would have.
That's the point. Right now if ALL did it together, change would come.

I back Drew Brees all the way. NO COUNTRY IS PERFECT, man is inherently evil they will screw things up.

It you didn't like our national anthem then change it, get elected and make changes or pray for your country.

Don’t think they are protesting the flag or the words.

It's such an Iraq War era, Toby Keith song attempt to understand something as complex as patriotism in a country whose very foundations were dependent on the labor of slaves, and whose institutions still fail to treat all equally.

I remember the Bush era well - "they hate our troops!" "lead from behind!" "cut and run!" and "a boot from the red white and blue!" Meanwhile, our boys were getting killed, maimed, and God knows what else. And for what? Now you'd be hard pressed to find an American politician, Trump included, that still endorses the Iraq debacle. This is no different. Public figures that tow Drew's line are on the wrong side of history.

Malcom Jenkins has been a great voice. I hope he has an opportunity to talk with Drew.
This is a good way to look at it. When all of this is history, Drew will be on the wrong side. Seems so obvious to me. Idk why it isn't for Brees and everyone else.

I also love my country and understand that the people have the right to free speech. Harmlessly kneeling during the national anthem is free speech. You don't like because either:

A) you want other people's hurt to be out of sight out of mind

B) you are a racist that loves when black folks get killed, and don't want things to change.

I don't believe that Drew is a "racist" however the hate towards Drew right now is about him being tone deaf to racism and not understanding the situation for black people in America b/c the kneeling is not/has never been about disrespecting the flag. That's the whole point. The kneeling is about the disrespect the flag shows to black people. What happen to George Floyd and others should never happen yet it continues to happen. THAT IS A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO STOP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom