Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

All this time we've complained Drew Brees isn't talked about enough.

But now this will be driven into the ground the likes we've never seen before.

I back Drew Brees all the way. NO COUNTRY IS PERFECT, man is inherently evil they will screw things up.

It you didn't like our national anthem then change it, get elected and make changes or pray for your country.

I love my country and all the ppl in it and pray for our country daily.
I think you mean well but this issue is so much more complicated than you may realize. Did you know there was a "Negro" or Black National Anthem? Institutional policies cannot be changed over night.

Now Payton is responding to troll accounts. Not the best day for our team lol. Payton may have lowkey confirmed a team meeting is happening tonight with this though

Human Rights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Football

Drew better get his butt immediately out in front of the city, the country, the NFL, and his teammates, and genuinely apologize, and make about a $10 million dollar donation to BLM and protester bail causes.

Every second he waits just makes the rift he's caused irreparable. When you have Michael Thomas and Malcolm Jenkins so hurt, what are you waiting for Drew? I said after the Vikings game I was ready for him to retire. His words today may have well done that.

And that pic of him, Brittany and the Trumps on the internet, oh man.
It’s easy to spend someone else’s money...

Anyone who knows anything about Brees' life growing up would know that it was anything but bubble-like. It's one of the biggest reasons why he is so strongly faith driven.
Growing up bubble-like or in a bubble i'm not buying. He's in his 40's and is very intelligent. He's been living in the city and has kids its like saying he isn't aware of the crime rate or hurricanes here. If he didn't know he was told or became informed of it. Being Friend or Brother and a Leader to people sometimes you don't always have to agree or speak on certain things but show support and asks hey what do you need from me if anything at all what can i do. he defiantly lost the respect of a lot of people and team mates he needs to make things right with them. Also what makes it looks worst behinds his own team and people around the league you have the head coach who has a better understanding and knows whats going on and its not about a flag or kneeling or any of that other stuff he was talking about. Sp is showing his support for his players and a community and doesn't matter about race its just a matter of human life and whats right/ wrong and completely unacceptable. You have major company's doing blackout's on events and stuff and this guy is talking about a flag and kneeling from 2016. like wtf drew everyone in 2020 talking about things going on now.

A brief glimpse at social media this morning also confirms some other concerns I have about this. However you choose to characterise Drew's comments or whatever meaning you want to ascribe to them, there are users on his Instagram page announcing their own support for Brees in the context of commentary that ranges from thinly-veiled racism to outright prejudice. This has very clearly made him a champion of the alt-right. And I think the city, his teammates, and the team's fans are entitled to feel very uncomfortable with that.

Bad time to comment on a topic like this. Really bad time to make a stupid comment. Should have said he hadn't heard anything about kneeling for the upcoming season but if that is how players want to display their dissatisfaction with police brutality he understands it and even supports it. Indulge, give in, pander, etc. But, don't do what you did Drew. You sound stupid and uninformed. I hate to say it but he is now a marked man. Terrible way to go down in your last year. So long for that ESPN gig. Coming off sounding uninformed is not a surprise to me. I tried to read his book and he comes off as just too boy scoutish or straight laced to me. Something about his personality is off putting and now the world sees it. The partys over for Drew. Just watch how this unfolds. He will try to apologize. He will say he was misunderstood. It wont matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom