Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

Now Payton is responding to troll accounts. Not the best day for our team lol. Payton may have lowkey confirmed a team meeting is happening tonight with this though

Poor choice of words by SP. Much more effective if he just stated "Hey, need to chime in and clarify. This meeting has been scheduled for weeks..."

I back Drew Brees all the way. NO COUNTRY IS PERFECT, man is inherently evil they will screw things up.

It you didn't like our national anthem then change it, get elected and make changes or pray for your country.

I love my country and all the ppl in it and pray for our country daily.
Sigh.

Get elected and make changes? Not trying to be insulting, man, but what rock have you been living under? Have the stories about gerrymandering and voter suppression not crossed your radar? The lack of voting machines and precincts in heavily minority areas leading to hours long lines to vote? The moves to limit the amount of time and ways to vote that target the lower SES disproportionally? The people in Florida *voted* to give the franchise back to previously convicted felons, and the state government has been throwing up obstacle after obstacle in order to keep this from happening.

Get elected in order to change things? You might as well tell a fish to fly up in a tree to get its dinner.

Poor choice of words by SP. Much more effective if he just stated "Hey, need to chime in and clarify. This meeting has been scheduled for weeks..."
He's prob piss right now and didn't know what to say. That's why right now all of them need to take a chill pill and relax before they do any more press.

We all know Colston. Man doesn't talk unless there's a good reason. He talked. Says alot.
People should listen read his words:

“I've been trying to educate my kids on the 'why' behind the killings of George Floyd, (Breonna) Taylor, and countless others," Colston wrote in a tweet. "It's tough to tell them the truth and still try to preserve as much of their innocence as I can."
"As a man, a black man, and a father, your comments today cut deep," Colston said. Not because you have an opinion or perspective – but because it continues to be so dismissive and insensitive to others'."
Colston brought up his father's military service, writing, "He didn't have the luxury to dream about the ideals of America when he got 'home.' His reality was fighting to be treated like a human — in the very same country he just risked his life for."
Colston continued: "This ain't about your ideals — this is real life. You don't know what it's like to raise a son and teach him how to navigate a system set up for him to fail.
"If you can't open (your) mind and be humble enough to hear someone else's pain and experience, then you're a bigger part of the problem than you want to admit.
"Two ears, one mouth..."

Powerful words from a man that typically spares them And keeps them close to the vest.

So, it seems that the point that is not clear to you, is that the slogan "Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean "only black lives matter" or that "black lives matter more". It means that black lives should matter just as much as white lives, because it seems, they are not.

I get all that. The stats do not support the notion that cops are just going around hunting down and killing black people though. 9 unarmed black people killed by the police in 2019 compared to 19 unarmed white people and it's wrong to want to include those 19 lives as mattering, too? Shouldn't the argument be about the killing of unarmed people by the police in general given the numbers?

So, first of all, you may want to find a better source of information. But anyway, one would have to ask:
What violent crime did George Floyd commit?
What violent crime did Ahmaud Arbery commit, that gave the Georgia DA reason not to press charges against the two racist yahoos who hunted him down and killed him?
Has anyone of any credit whatsoever said that Floyd was justly killed? I didn't keep up on the Arbery case, so I won't speak to that one. In any event though, how do those cases devalue the 19 lives (2019) of the unarmed white people killed by the police to the point whereby we say that they don't matter?

So what have you done instead? Have you marched? Voted for change? Protested?

What has been your contribution?

Or are you only around to criticize the way others are trying to bring attention to systemic racism and centuries of injustice?

Ostensibly being a bully toward returning to a quiet oppression?
You see, this is such a perfect example of how people can't think, reason, or form any kind unique, rational thought.

OK, so where the hell did I criticize the way others protest? Huh? I DIDN'T! I even specifically said I understand the kneelers aren't doing it to disrespect veterans.

Also, on to the whole.. "oh its not meant to offend, only to draw attention" baloney. Kneeling during the anthem is in fact MEANT to be offensive, how else would it create attention? If it bothered nobody, then nobody would talk about it. FFS people. Stop being told what to think and use some common sense. SHEOPLE!

Disappointed in you Drew. We'll see how hard these players play for a closet racist.

And I am proud of Drew. He's an honest and righteous man. Anyone in New Orleans that can't see the love in this man is either blind or been stricken with hyper-emotional amnesia.

Drew was asked by an interviewer how the league and leaders like himself should respond if the kneeling starts again this season. All he said was two things: 1) he can never support disrespect of country or flag, and 2) we as Americans need to come together as one team to make things better.

Nothing wrong with either of those comments in my view. Now others may feel slighted because he didn't show disgust about the murder, but he was responding to a more general question.

Anyone who has followed Drew's career over the last 10+ years in New Orleans can see all the community work he has done for all races. Everywhere he goes, he leaves a trail of positive. How can you turn on this man for this comment? If he refuses to support WHAT HE PERCEIVES as disrespect for country and flag, he's suddenly a disappointing human? Unbelievable! Shameful!

If he packed up and moved away tomorrow, I wouldn't blame him now. And know this, New Orleans would be the BIGGEST loser.

And I am proud of Drew. He's an honest and righteous man. Anyone in New Orleans that can't see the love in this man is either blind or been stricken with hyper-emotional amnesia.

Drew was asked by an interviewer how the league and leaders like himself should respond if the kneeling starts again this season. All he said was two things: 1) he can never support disrespect of country or flag, and 2) we as Americans need to come together as one team to make things better.

If he packed up and moved away tomorrow, I wouldn't blame him now. And know this, New Orleans would be the BIGGEST loser.

Your comment starts from the false premise that kneeling is disrespectful to the country and the flag, which underscores the exact issue here: you don't get it. And neither does Drew.

As to your comment about New Orleans being the biggest loser if Drew walked away because of his own comments - I'm not so sure about that. The city of New Orleans does not have a lucrative contract with ESPN for 2021 onwards which could be headed for the paper shredder.

I hope Drew comes out and demonstrates sincerity and contrition and that teammates, fans and the city can move on from this. But the onus is going to be on Drew, not anybody else, to make it right.

Remember when Malcolm Jenkins brokered a deal with the NFL to stop kneeling and got called a sellout by Eric Reid.....I remember

Remember when LeBron got mad about that exec tweeting in support of the people of Hong Kong protesting because it messed with his earning potential........I remember

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom