Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

Is Jenkins allowed to have his though? Colston?

Seems like a lot of these cries stop when Brees’s words ends.

Brees can reroute a question about the greivences of his teammates all he wants, his teammates likewise have every right to call his words and posture unhelpful and ignorant.

It’s gone way beyond that. There is definitely some thinly veiled threats being made against him

This has already been addressed. Why should I show any respect to the national anthem when it stands for a nation that's violating the rights of its own people?
Common decency. Realization that the moment isn't about that any one person and his views.

I happen to believe that we've allowed 60 million innocent American babies to be murdered the past 50 or so years is a gross injustice, but you don't see me making a giant scene during the national anthem, because it isn't the time or the place for me to express my views. It isn't about me.

I expect Brees to apologize like the Denver HC did after his atrocious comments.
He has absolutely nothing to apologize for..

Why should he? Just because he views something differently than you do?

Maybe all the people that have a problem with someone else having a differing opinion would be better off in a communist country

Common decency. Realization that the moment isn't about that any one person and his views.

I happen to believe that we've allowed 60 million innocent American babies to be murdered the past 50 or so years is a gross injustice, but you don't see me making a giant scene during the national anthem, because it isn't the time or the place for me to express my views. It isn't about me.
Thats fine, doesn't mean your moral code and pageantry toward idolatry supersedes someone else’s.

Like the common decency of putting your knee on a man's neck? Or a no-knock, plain clothes police raid? How about shooting a 12 year old child the moment you get out of your squad vehicle?

Do I need to go on?

So let's dig in a bit, genuinely curious about why you think it isn't the 'time and place'. What is it about?

Thats fine, doesn't mean your moral code and pageantry toward idolatry supersedes someone else’s.
And your false characterization of my views as "pageantry toward idolatry" doesn't supersede my actual views.

He has absolutely nothing to apologize for..

Why should he? Just because he views something differently than you do?

Maybe all the people that have a problem with someone else having a differing opinion would be better off in a communist country
I think you have it backwards.

Expressing your problem with an opinion you disagree with is a hallmark of American values.

Fantasizing that someone that dares have a problem with your opinion should be exiled from the state is the thinking of an authoritarian.

Like the common decency of putting your knee on a man's neck? Or a no-knock, plain clothes police raid? How about shooting a 12 year old child the moment you get out of your squad vehicle?

Do I need to go on?
The sucking of babies' brains through a vaccum hose? The crushing of their skulls by forceps? 60 million minus 8 is 59,999,992.

There is a time and place for all this talk. The National Anthem ain't it.

I find it ironic most people wanted AB even after all the illegal stuff and stupid things he said and did but Brees says something he believes in and granted it’s not what most don’t want to hear but it’s off with his head he should retire blah blah blah

And your false characterization of my views as "pageantry toward idolatry" doesn't supersede my actual views.
pageantry toward idolatry is simply a fancy way of saying the way we treat socially shared symbols and rituals.

Your moral code that says people should stand and pay a certain type of respect no matter what does not supersede or override someone else’s belief that the failure to live up to those symbols ideals should not be rewarded by assimilative obedience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom