Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (2 Viewers)

Denigrate? Rofl. That’s priceless. Tell me you really don’t believe that or better yet tell me you didn’t read Drew’s comments before posting. Your grasping at straws now.

Oh, you're obtuse. Okay. Or maybe you don't understand the word denigrate.

Because if you did, you'd see how his words are questioning the patriotism and loyalty of folks kneeling. That this notion of being offensive to our flag pales in comparison to the routine systemic murder all too commonplace in our country. As if there weren't family members of individuals kneeling who also have served this great country. If you can't see how his words are disparaging to others, you're a bit slow on the uptake.

But don't take my words for it, look at the swift reaction Brees has gotten. Guess they're all butt hurt snowflakes?

The national anthem is not what it’s all cracked up to be.

while it’s supposed to be for Americans. Blacks wasn’t even considered American at that time

also. For y’all that even know THE ENTIRE anthem it literally talks about killing slaves (blacks) for fighting for freedom during that time.

so why is it so important to America when it talked about killing blacks.

I’ll wait for y’all to defend the anthem and turn it into something good

If you’re talking about the infamous third verse then show me the proof that’s what the verse means. Just words and subjective at that. Not like the guy who wrote it is alive to elaborate.

The act of singing the anthem at sporting events is more about the words anyway. The act of singing the anthem in unison is a sign of loving one’s country for better or for worse. The pride of being able to hold such an event because those before us made it possible.

Last edited:
If you’re talking about the infamous third verse then show me the proof that’s what the verse means. Just words and subjective at that. Not like the guy who wrote it is alive to elaborate.

The anthem isn’t more about the words anyway. The act of signing the a them in unison is a sign of loving one’s country for better or for worse. The pride of being able to hold such an event because those before us made it possible.

Tell me what slaves was on American soil real quick.

When you find out you will know your answer.

Oh, you're obtuse. Okay. Or maybe you don't understand the word denigrate.

Because if you did, you'd see how his words are questioning the patriotism and loyalty of folks kneeling. That this notion of being offensive to our flag pales in comparison to the routine systemic murder all too commonplace in our country. As if there weren't family members of individuals kneeling who also have served this great country. If you can't see how his words are disparaging to others, you're a bit slow on the uptake.

But don't take my words for it, look at the swift reaction Brees has gotten. Guess they're all butt hurt snowflakes?
Ah the cancel culture where we persecute and demonize anyone we disagree with... Perhaps you need to look up words before you use them. Did you even listen to Brees? He said he doesnt agree with kneeling. BIG DEAL. No where did he say question anyone's patriotism. Geesh grow up.

Time for some real talk.

I'm thinking about the agenda, the fight, the cause that's being discussed by so many members of this board and these players/celebrities bashing Brees for his honest comments.

Who is the target audience you/they need to reach to effect real change? Young white men and women, coming of age and either getting ready to vote or have only voted in the last election or two. I'm talking about 16-25 year olds. Many of these kids/young men and women have grown up idolizing Drew Brees. Posters on the wall, jerseys, shirts, etc. They have followed him throughout his career and know everything he has done, both on and off the field to help his community, his fellow man, his country's military men and women, and those many charities he has set up or contributed to.

Now, these kids/men/women have been sitting at home (most with their parents) watching the news and addicted to social media because they had nothing else to do. And then the George Floyd killing happens. (That's what it was, a killing.) And they are disgusted. And everyone takes to social media and, rightfully so, professes their indignation and solidarity with the black community for something so heineouss.

But then something happens. Something that gives them pause. They start seeing videos of people looting businesses and burning them to the ground. Burning apartment buildings. Beating, and killing, innocent men and women in the streets, some who are trying to protect their homes and/or businesses. Destroying and setting fire to police cars and precincts. And now they are conflicted. They want to be in solidarity with the black community. They feel that their is truth in their cause and that they are and have been oppressed in this country, but can't quite rationalize how to support the cause without supporting the rioting.

Fastforward to today. They get a new post from their hero, Drew Brees, show up in their feed where he professes an ideal he feels strongly about. One that they may agree with, or just might be indifferent to. But they love Drew Brees. Then they see the backlash. They see so many of these players, former and present, and see the anger and the attacks. Now they take offense. Especially as they search these attackers feeds and see that they never spoke out against the rioting and the beatings, and the burnings, and the killings being done in the name of the cause.

Now, what do you think these kids/men/women are going to think? How do you expect them to support the cause, which has sowed so much chaos and destruction in it's wake, even if there is righteousness in its message, and reject their lifelong idol/hero? These attacks on Brees are going to do more harm than good for the cause guys like Jenkins and others are fighting for. And I do believe its a just cause, however misguided the method of bringing about the change.

Time for some real talk.

I'm thinking about the agenda, the fight, the cause that's being discussed by so many members of this board and these players/celebrities bashing Brees for his honest comments.

Who is the target audience you/they need to reach to effect real change? Young white men and women, coming of age and either getting ready to vote or have only voted in the last election or two. I'm talking about 16-25 year olds. Many of these kids/young men and women have grown up idolizing Drew Brees. Posters on the wall, jerseys, shirts, etc. They have followed him throughout his career and know everything he has done, both on and off the field to help his community, his fellow man, his country's military men and women, and those many charities he has set up or contributed to.

Now, these kids/men/women have been sitting at home (most with their parents) watching the news and addicted to social media because they had nothing else to do. And then the George Floyd killing happens. (That's what it was, a killing.) And they are disgusted. And everyone takes to social media and, rightfully so, professes their indignation and solidarity with the black community for something so heineouss.

But then something happens. Something that gives them pause. They start seeing videos of people looting businesses and burning them to the ground. Burning apartment buildings. Beating, and killing, innocent men and women in the streets, some who are trying to protect their homes and/or businesses. Destroying and setting fire to police cars and precincts. And now they are conflicted. They want to be in solidarity with the black community. They feel that their is truth in their cause and that they are and have been oppressed in this country, but can't quite rationalize how to support the cause without supporting the rioting.

Fastforward to today. They get a new post from their hero, Drew Brees, show up in their feed where he professes an ideal he feels strongly about. One that they may agree with, or just might be indifferent to. But they love Drew Brees. Then they see the backlash. They see so many of these players, former and present, and see the anger and the attacks. Now they take offense. Especially as they search these attackers feeds and see that they never spoke out against the rioting and the beatings, and the burnings, and the killings being done in the name of the cause.

Now, what do you think these kids/men/women are going to think? How do you expect them to support the cause, which has sowed so much chaos and destruction in it's wake, even if there is righteousness in its message, and reject their lifelong idol/hero? These attacks on Brees are going to do more harm than good for the cause guys like Jenkins and others are fighting for. And I do believe its a just cause, however misguided the method of bringing about the change.

Watch the news. Bet you they're still out in the streets tomorrow. Maybe even more of them.

Tell me what slaves was on American soil real quick.

When you find out you will know your answer.

You mean where some people think Key is mentioning the freed slaves that the British recruited? Like i said... Subjective.

I can break down lyrics with the best of them but during that time? ... good luck with that.

That part of the song isn’t even used and does it matter? Freebird could have been playing and it wouldn’t have made a difference.

You mean where some people think Key is mentioning the freed slaves that the British recruited? Like i said... Subjective.

I can break down lyrics with the best of them but during that time? ... good luck with that.

That part of the song isn’t even used and does it matter? Freebird could have been playing and it wouldn’t have made a difference.

I truly understand what you saying.

But tell me what slaves was on American soil for him to be talking about?

Also do you believe systematic racism is a real thing?

I truly understand what you saying.

But tell me what slaves was on American soil for him to be talking about?

Also do you believe systematic racism is a real thing?

I truly understand what you are saying too but it isn’t about the song. So like i said.. it doesn’t matter. What matters is we both understand each other’s view. We can break down the past into sections and talk about them until we fall asleep. All i am worried about is right now.

Yes, i believe it is a real thing but i also thing it will be resolved through attrition and faith. I can truly
say that the overwelming majority of my generation are not racist. Now let me be clear that i think bias and racist are two different things. We are all biased at point.

I truly believe we were on the right path and hopefully still are after all of this. I think we just kind of have to be patient for the new leaders to step up and not force it. Until then.. mold those new leaders.

Last edited:
Ah the cancel culture where we persecute and demonize anyone we disagree with... Perhaps you need to look up words before you use them. Did you even listen to Brees? He said he doesnt agree with kneeling. BIG DEAL. No where did he say question anyone's patriotism. Geesh grow up.
You mean like how you cancelled Colin Kapernick when you disagreed with him for kneeling for the anthem? Don't be a hypocrit...

I truly understand what you are saying too but it isn’t about the song. So like i said.. it doesn’t matter. What matters is we both understand each other’s view. We can break down the past into sections and talk about them until we fall asleep. All i am worried about is right now.

Yes, i believe it is a real thing but i also thing it will be resolved through attrition and faith. I can truly
say that the overwelming majority of my generation are not racist. Now let me be clear that i think bias and racist are too different things. We are all biased at point.

I truly believe we were on the right path and hopefully still are after all of this. I think you just kind of have to be patient for the new leaders to step up and not force it. Until then.. mold those new leaders.

Thank you. We all know it’s real but folks in power don’t want to acknowledge it and fix it.

To be honest. The have nots is tired of it. The haves refuse to tackle an issue that is killing America and the rest of the world is passing us by

Why the hell every year the budget drops. Education piece of the pie gets smaller. Folks want it stay the same so most Americans can have some one to blame (blacks)

Got emergency bail out money but schools can’t get books and supplies.

the killing of a black man at the hands of police was the final straw for everybody. They system ain’t broke but the ones that’s running the system is extremely broken.

Drain the swamp my a**

Sorry. I got completely off topic.

Who said I'm trying to cancel Brees? His comments were self-centered. Never said I didn't want him on the team or anything (although, I won't be sad once he's gone). Grasping for straws, ey? :)

Just because your reading/listening comprehension isn't all that great doesn't mean intent wasn't there. There's a reason Jenkins commented on that particular point during his remarks, but go on missing the point. I won't comment on anything else you say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom