Saints players and other key sports and public figures are angry at Drew Brees for his anthem comments (1 Viewer)

Mike, who has been very passionate about the recent racial debate on social media this past week, is obviously subtweeting Drew's latest interview where Brees again said "kneeling to protest during the anthem is disrespectful"

Mike may delete the tweets but his tweets say:
"He don’t know no better."
"Don't be a sellout"
"We don’t care if you don’t agree and whoever else how about that."

Payton needs to get the leaders on a Zoom call or something ASAP. Black players are very antsy right now (for good reason) and Brees' logic whether you agree or not has the potential to cause a divide amongst the team.

Last edited:
I will say this. I don't agree with a lot of my coworkers and friends and their stance on a lot of things. But I respect it. And Thomas and Brees should too. No one should force anyone to follow a trend

It's slowly becoming the #1 trending topic on Twitter. Media already picking up on it. This will be the big sports story of the day. Brace yourselves.

Mike, who has been. very passionate about the recent racial debate on social media this past week, is obviously subtweeting Drew's latest interview where Brees again said "kneeling to protest during the anthem is disrespectful"

Mike may delete the tweets but his tweets say:
"He don’t know no better."
"Don't be a sellout"
"We don’t care if you don’t agree and whoever else how about that."

Payton needs to get the leaders on a Zoom call or something ASAP. Black players are very antsy right now (for good reason) and Brees' logic whether you agree or not has the potential to cause a divide amongst the team.

Twitter is about the most toxic environment I've visited... It doesn't matter what Brees said. People were complaining because he first posted a "generic response" yesterday. How dare he be proud of his country.

Drew has been consistent on this approach throughout his career. Most of the team probably already knew his take on things. I do think Brees probably should not have commented during these times how ever

This I think that most can agree with. There’s a time and place for everything and Drew need to be just a little bit more careful.

I have to say - I don't think Drew understands what the kneeling is all about. It's my understanding that Kaepernick consulted with a retired green beret about how to best protest while still respecting the flag, and kneeling was advised. This shows he was thinking critically about the best way to handle it while still honoring those who sacrificed so much for this country.

And really - since when has kneeling become a sign of disrespect? We kneel before God when we pray. Are we disrespecting the Almighty?

Now if players grabbed their crotch or turned their backs on the flag, I would feel differently. I respect his regard for our nation, his family, and our vets, but Drew doesn't seem to be contextualizing this properly at all. This just made me sad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom