Saints playing from behind (1 Viewer)

the-commish

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
How will the Saints play when they are behind?

It is inevitably going to happen. Even though our team has not been behind, and only been tied once, for about three minutes, in the first two games, it will be interesting to see how this team will play when some adversity strikes.

Thoughts?

I think this plays into our strengths.

We do not want to get in a possession game with anyone. I don't think vs the really good rushing teams like the titans, steelers or giants we will be able to match them pound for pound rushing the ball.

Its in our best interest to get the other team out of the rushing formations, and into the passing ones IMO.

We do not want to get in a possession game with anyone. I don't think vs the really good rushing teams like the titans, steelers or giants we will be able to match them pound for pound rushing the ball.

Its in our best interest to get the other team out of the rushing formations, and into the passing ones IMO.

I'm hoping that's when we see the very best sides of our defense. When we are behind, that's when we see the brilliant blitz packages and personnel schemes of Gregg Williams.

How will the Saints play when they are behind?

It is inevitably going to happen. Even though our team has not been behind, and only been tied once, for about three minutes, in the first two games, it will be interesting to see how this team will play when some adversity strikes.

Thoughts?
With the way our offense can score (and quickly), along with the way our D has been creating turnovers, that doesn't concern me.

Yalls style of offense plays the same whether your ahead or behind. Besides the obvious if your ahead you may run more to run the clock, but you still will pretty much be doing the same thing with your passing offense.

The last 2 seasons there's been a couple of games where we fell by behind by a couple of scores and were able to come back, only to lose it right at the end unfortunately. So I'm not concerned with the offense's ability to come back.

I'm more interested to see how our defense will play when in a close game. With the big wins the first 2 weeks of the season the defense just went into prevent mode most of the second half so we really haven't seen just how improved this defense is.

The Steelers suck at rushing the football. I'm just saying...

The Steelers suck at rushing the football. I'm just saying...

Yeah, I agree. Look at our upcoming schedule though, lots of rushing teams.

Bills, Jets, Giants, Dolphins, Falcons, Panthers...

By the way... I looked it up and we are the only 2-0 team that has not trailed this season. Thus making us the only team who has not trailed all season. (Yes, that was Madden-esque of me).

Giants - trailed vs Cowboys
Vikings - trailed vs Lions
49ers - trailed vs Cardinals
Falcons - trailed vs Panthers
Jets - trailed vs Patriots
Ravens - trailed vs Chiefs
Colts - trailed vs Dolphins
Broncos - trailed vs Bengals

The last 2 seasons there's been a couple of games where we fell by behind by a couple of scores and were able to come back, only to lose it right at the end unfortunately. So I'm not concerned with the offense's ability to come back.

I'm more interested to see how our defense will play when in a close game. With the big wins the first 2 weeks of the season the defense just went into prevent mode most of the second half so we really haven't seen just how improved this defense is.

Part of the reasons we have been up by so much is because of the defense getting TOs and causing 3 & outs giving our O more possessions and w/ a shorter field. Those things are proof of how much our defense has improved. We had 15 INT all of last year, we have 6 already this year. Thats almost half in 2 games. Not to mention we have given up 2 big plays, one against Jenkins, in 2 games. Thats also a major improvement compared to last year.

Last edited:
Good Post!!! And the answer to this will likely determine if we make it to the SB. Can Brees lead a comeback like both Mannings did over the weekend, especially Peyton.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

pull a Tom Brady and start hitting the tight ends being covered by linebackers. Especially the LB replacing Poluzny...Shockey time!

Oh, please don't throw us into that briar patch.

We'll up Drew's per game yardage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom