Saints possibly a team for Keith Davis (S, Cowboys)? (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
"Cowboys free agent safety Keith Davis is talking with multiple teams right now looking for what could be a new home. The special teams captain from Italy, Texas does not have any visits set up but hopes to have some real soon. Davis would like more playing time in the secondary and a couple of possible destinations could be New Orleans or Miami."

http://startelegram.typepad.com/cowboys_corner/2008/03/keith-davis-tal.html

I think we make a strong push for him. I remember the Saints wanted him a couple of years ago. Nice depth for S, ST guy and he brings the wood as well.

Yeah we signed this guy to an offer sheet back in 2006 and the Cowboys matched. I thought we'd push harder for this guy this off-season.

He had agreed to a contract with us and the cowboys matched... if memory serves...

He's not a future starter. But we appear to be happy with Harper/Bullocks'Kaesviharn anyways, and Davis has experience starting and is a quality special teams player, which makes him a valuable backup/4th Safety.

I suspect Miami probably wants him "more" though, simply because they need more players like him on their roster, more then we do.

He's not a future starter. But we appear to be happy with Harper/Bullocks'Kaesviharn anyways, and Davis has experience starting and is a quality special teams player, which makes him a valuable backup/4th Safety.

I suspect Miami probably wants him "more" though, simply because they need more players like him on their roster, more then we do.

Good points, and if they don't address safety in free agency, it surely ought to mean they're planning to draft one.

Good points, and if they don't address safety in free agency, it surely ought to mean they're planning to draft one.

I don't think so. All evidence suggests they're happy to go into 2008 with Kaes/Bullocks/Harper as their top 3 safeties.

I don't think so. All evidence suggests they're happy to go into 2008 with Kaes/Bullocks/Harper as their top 3 safeties.

Yea, and Payton is said to have high hopes for Bullocks..as hopeless as that sounds. I would rather KK starting over him. We'll see how he is this year though, he won't need to stay up to help support the run now that we have Vilma and Morgan, now we can play more over-the top coverage/saftey bliitzes.

Yes, the saints tried to get him in 2006, then he was involved in a drive by shooting or something this past year but I think he had fully recovered before 2007 season started..

I went back and looked at the Saints/Cowboys game from two years ago and we picked on this guy a lot. He may be a decent backup but he's not even an upgrade over Bullocks. He has also been shot twice in two separate off the field incidents, the last being right after Dallas matched the offer sheet we signed him to.

I went back and looked at the Saints/Cowboys game from two years ago and we picked on this guy a lot. He may be a decent backup but he's not even an upgrade over Bullocks.

Exactly. Payton used and abused this guy in that game. I wouldn't even bother with him if the decision was mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom