Saints [possibly] have 39 million in cap space?!?! (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Shefter was on Total-Access, and listed the teams under the cap...and the Saints were listed with having 39 million! unless it's 29 cause I was away from the TV...but that's what I saw....

WOW that's alot of MONEY! Saints better make some moves this season....ain't no excuses.

Shefter was on Total-Access, and listed the teams under the cap...and the Saints were listed with having 39 million! unless it's 29 cause I was away from the TV...but that's what I saw....

WOW that's alot of MONEY! Saints better make some moves this season....ain't no excuses.

.......Except for the fact that the lack of players in free agency to spend that money on....we best to lock up or core players (Colston, Evans and Smith) and that top 10 pick.

There are certain Saint free agents that need to be re-signed. And we should try to get long term extensions for Colston and Evans (I'd let Smith play a contract year to show what he's worth). The number 10 pick won't be a huge chunk of cap hit it's first year (that's limited by the NFL). We can re-work or release at least one contract. And there should be plenty of money to improve the team with outside and desirable playmakers. Go get Briggs or Samuel or Faneca. They will make this a better team.

$39.2 makes sense. We did not have anyone to franchise this year. Also, we have some guys who might be released such as Brian Simmons. I wanted us to pursue Briggs and a top CB before this news and definitely want us to do so now. Because Asante Samuel is the only guy available, I would definitely go after him. The Saints have said they wanted to sign one or two impact FAs. They you go. You sign those two guys and look to the draft. Of course, we have to bring back some of our own guys and I fully expect that we will be able to do just that.

LETS TRY FOR ONCE TO GO FOR IT ALL THIS SEASON. Briggs and Samuel are tremendous talents and are definite upgrades for our D. No college LB or cb is going to be able to give us what we need----experience. Come on Mr Benson go to San Antonio and dig up some of those mason jars full of cash you have buried in your backyard and pay for something that will really make you dance---a championship!!!!!

Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

LETS TRY FOR ONCE TO GO FOR IT ALL THIS SEASON. Briggs and Samuel are tremendous talents and are definite upgrades for our D. No college LB or cb is going to be able to give us what we need----experience. Come on Mr Benson go to San Antonio and dig up some of those mason jars full of cash you have buried in your backyard and pay for something that will really make you dance---a championship!!!!!

Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

We don't have the base talent to go for it all at the risk of cap hell in the future. Maybe after another draft we can do that.

This is way over all the other estimates I have seen which ranged from 24to 30 mill.

I'd love to see us spend some dough on some good signings. Yes, we have to take care of our existing guys already, but hopefully we still have enough green left to make a serious play at some top name FAs.

I think my rebuttal is for your statement Bonchie. Is this, all of us know that we will never be in a cap strained situation. But I for one would like to see us get close to one if it means a championship. I for one sitting here in Orlando surronded by every fairweather Bucs fan would revel in it. Saints fans deserve it!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom