Saints Possibly Targeting Groves (mod edit, signed with Cleveland) (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NFL free agency 2013: Quentin Groves drawing interest from Saints, 49ers

20121215_mjr_su5_182.0_standard_783.0.jpg

The Arizona Cardinals, while working to retain many of their free agents, are also losing plenty of players, too. They recently cut running back Beanie Wells, cornerback William Gay and linebacker Stewart Bradley. It also appears that they will be saying goodbye to versatile back LaRod Stephens-Howling as well.

Still, there are some guys that they want to keep and have engaged in contract negotiations with. One of those players is pass rushing linebacker, Quentin Groves.

A source close to the situation informed me that the Cardinals are attempting to retain Groves, but will have some competition from other teams around the league. The source indicated to me that the New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers are in on Groves, on top of the Browns, which was a team that was previously reported.

Rest of Article

I've honestly never heard of him. Is he really any good or is he just made better by his supporting cast?

groves was known as a freak of nature coming out of college having elite speed and strength for an olb
ran a 4.57 40, never lived up to expectations, but that could be the cardinals fault.

was supposed to be the next demarcus ware w his combination of size speed and strength, when at auburn he dominated offensive linemen and simply couldn't be stopped, he tied auburn's 30 year old record with 26 sacks and 36 TFL.
He also has outstanding foot quickness, he just needs a good OLB coach

Geez, I think I've seen the 49r's linked as "having interest" in every FA mentioned in the last few days except for Devery Henderson. How much more do they need.

Had career high in sacks with 4 last season, as a part time starter.

Looks like a good depth piece to the puzzle, nothing more.

Okay we will add him to the list along with,

Ed Reed
D. Revis
P. Krugger
Harrison
Abraham
Jean Francois
M. Wallace

groves was known as a freak of nature coming out of college having elite speed and strength for an olb
ran a 4.57 40, never lived up to expectations, but that could be the cardinals fault.

Considering he only played this past season with Arizona wouldn't it be the fault of the Jaguars (who drafted him) or the Raiders (who traded for him)?

Considering he only played this past season with Arizona wouldn't it be the fault of the Jaguars (who drafted him) or the Raiders (who traded for him)?

I actually meant to put raiders

Played for rob ryan in Oakland and is from Mississippi.....if we want him we should have the upper hand

Edit: did not play under rob ryan

6'3" 265 lb. OLB yep looks like we are looking for the prototypical size OLB for a 3-4, cheap potential starter, just showing interest, but will wait to see if we get him cheap I bet, Im sure we showed interest in everyone to see the price

Geez, I think I've seen the 49r's linked as "having interest" in every FA mentioned in the last few days except for Devery Henderson. How much more do they need.

Teams are going to line up for their leftovers.

I rest my case.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Suitors for safety Laron Landry: #49ers, #Cardinals, and #Bucs. Interesting Bucs in the mix for a safety again. Could be in Goldson mix

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom