Saints Possibly Targeting Groves (mod edit, signed with Cleveland) (1 Viewer)

Geez, I think I've seen the 49r's linked as "having interest" in every FA mentioned in the last few days except for Devery Henderson. How much more do they need.

Lol, for real!!!

They don't have enough roster spots to sign EVERY free agent and 87 draft picks. Those sorry sons of...guns.

I think this is only a depth move. Not many expectations here, but he fits the profile of free agent candidates we need.

If we're looking in the bargain bin, would rather have a guy like Antwann Barnes or Victor Butler.

Good depth...nothing more. But hey...considering that we have one bonifide OLB on the team (I think Wilson is an ILB)...we definitely need bodies.

All I ask of any possible free agent acquisitions is that they be able to run really fast. Even if they aren't that great at actually playing football, just let them be fast. I'm tired of seeing 11 guys playing a trail technique at the same time.

This guy seems to be able to run really fast so I say yes.

groves was known as a freak of nature coming out of college having elite speed and strength for an olb
ran a 4.57 40, never lived up to expectations, but that could be the cardinals fault.

was supposed to be the next demarcus ware w his combination of size speed and strength, when at auburn he dominated offensive linemen and simply couldn't be stopped, he tied auburn's 30 year old record with 26 sacks and 36 TFL.
He also has outstanding foot quickness, he just needs a good OLB coach

Groves was drafted by the jags along with derrick harvey to play 4-3 end. He never got off the ground in Jacksonville but hes been pretty decent for the cards in the 3-4

I always sign him inFA in madden :D

Wow you guys are fast. I just noticed the blog report on PFF lol. What's with the Browns and the Dolphins? Damn.

I think they're tired of sucking.

Geez, I think I've seen the 49r's linked as "having interest" in every FA mentioned in the last few days except for Devery Henderson. How much more do they need.

One thing I've noticed about SF is their interest in FAs is that they are pretty much all really good athletes.

Cross one off the list: Browns sign Groves

Quentin Groves, the latest Browns free agency pick-up, was the star of an Auburn defense that derailed Tim Tebow’s Florida Gators in 2007.
Before the 2008 draft, Groves was asked who he patterned his game after. He didn’t hesitate, naming Dwight Freeney, Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White.
He hasn’t turned into any of them, but the Browns hope he can be more than he has been in a defense they have put on the move the last two days.

Browns sign former NFL Combine star Quentin Groves - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

The four-letter sports channel says it's a two-year, $2.8 million deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom