Saints' potential Round One Targets (1 Viewer)

I would give this years First Round,
next years 2121 First and Fifth Round picks,
and RB Alvin Kamara,

for the SAINTS to receive this years First Round picks 3-10,
and this years Second Round picks.

Sorry a typo there. It should have been

I would give this years First Round,
next years 2021 First and Fifth Round picks,
and RB Alvin Kamara,

for the SAINTS to receive this years First Round picks 3-10,
and this years Second Round picks.

If we managed to miraculously land Tua...MAN! Sean Payton would have the perfect guy to groom to take over for Drew. If we sold out and had to give up future picks to move up, I think Tua is well worth price. Tua is a souped up Drew Brees clone.

This guy has us trading up to 10 to get Jordan Love. That better not happen.

It won’t let me paste the link for some reason. Think it’s too long. It’s on NFL.com Chad Reuter’s 7 round mock

The only way I would trade up is if Murray or Queen are taken in the top 15 or so. If one of them go I’m calling the teams after that pick to see what it would cost to move up to get the other one. I wish we were not in this position, but we almost need to land one of them IMO

It won’t let me paste the link for some reason. Think it’s too long. It’s on NFL.com Chad Reuter’s 7 round mock

The only way I would trade up is if Murray or Queen are taken in the top 15 or so. If one of them go I’m calling the teams after that pick to see what it would cost to move up to get the other one. I wish we were not in this position, but we almost need to land one of them IMO
That is the dumbest idea in the history of dumb draft ideas. Good thing it wouldn't let you link. He doesn't deserve the clicks.

…….

If I were Loomis/Ireland, I am not trading up for anyone. I understand that there is a bit of urgency to get someone at MLB that hasn't been injured lately, so I too would like one, if not two quality LBs in this draft. If you assume that Queen and Murray are a tier above the rest, there is good reason to want to ensure you get one of them. But instead of trading up, I would do whatever I had to in order to make sure I had at least three picks, if not four, in the top 100. I realize that this goes against everything that has been done previously in the Payton era, but I think it's necessary to optimize this draft.

There are three scenarios. Trade up, trade down and stand pat.

Trading up for a LB (some have suggested for a QB) would cost at least #24, #88 and more from the 2021 draft. The result is a LB in the first round, then the next pick is at #130. You can be sure that all of the guys you want at WR or CB are gone by then and the quality at other positions will be thin as well. IMO, a trade up gets the Saints one guy and a whole bunch of meh options the rest of the way.

Standing pat gives you much of the same scenario, except you still have your third round pick and next year's picks. The key here is getting the right player at #24 and hoping the other positions you would like to fill are available at #88 and later. Taking a LB at #24 means you are likely hoping that WR Van Jefferson or Gabriel Davis are there in the third or an acceptable TE, G or CB has fallen. Personally, I believe the TE class is weak and not worth a pick that high, G is deeper and good players can be found later and CB is top heavy, so the quality isn't likely to fall as far as #88. The Saints could easily be looking at a situation where the BPA is someone like DE Bradlee Anae or a RB like Cam Akers. While both are good players, it doesn't maximize this draft.

The unlikeliest scenario is the best one IMO. I do believe that the Saints' first rounder is high enough to attract interest from teams in the late first round wanting to move up for a particular player. Depending on who falls, there could even be a second opportunity to trade down. In each event, the Saints would acquire at least one additional second round or more likely early third round pick. Having three or four picks in the top 88 opens up all kinds of options and could enable the Saints to address multiple "needs." Plus I believe that some of the players likely to be available in the second and early third rounds may be as good as some being considered at #24.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom