Saints presently 8.5 million under the cap (1 Viewer)

This is due to good draft classes unlike ore-Ireland

Being under the cap even with FAs is easy , though we don’t have that many , it’s the fact we are still good - that’s drafting well

I would like to get Lattimore an early extension if possible.

We are gonna have to give Ram a record breaking contract either way. So, we should just probably wait it out.

Puts us in great trade deadline cap space to make an opportunistic move.
You usually wanna be ahead in the record breaking deals game. The longer you wait, the more the price goes up. See Kamara for example.

He’ll get $4 mil back next year when Morstead retires and new punter Gilkin steps in.

He’ll get $4 mil back next year when Morstead retires and new punter Gilkin steps in.
I lowkey hope it's not true. Thomas still in his prime. Although, punters get their 10 year service and lock their pension. They tend to call it quits.

When you keep pushing your financial obligations to the following year, the next year never comes.

I'm wondering if Allen Robinson could be in the cards. I doubt that the Bears want to trade him, and I'm uncertain if the Saints would do what it takes to get him...but he would fit in absolutely perfectly in the Michael Thomas role. And it's not like he couldn't be used once Thomas gets back. Thomas and Robinson out wide with Sanders in the slot.

Saying that losing Kirkwood hurt us is a bit far fetched, don’t you think?

Outside of MT, there's not another big body who can fight through that press man coverage that teams love to play against us. I imagine that Cook & Sanders will see more attention, while TQS will get reps as well. I also don't see TQS fighting through that physical coverage as well. Kirkwood was a little similar to MT. So that's why I say that it hurt us to an extent.

Outside of MT, there's not another big body who can fight through that press man coverage that teams love to play against us. I imagine that Cook & Sanders will see more attention, while TQS will get reps as well. I also don't see TQS fighting through that physical coverage as well. Kirkwood was a little similar to MT. So that's why I say that it hurt us to an extent.

Kirk wouldn’t do us any good at the present moment because he got hit with the injury bug before the season even started. We’d still be in this same situation even if he were still a Saint.

With the Salary cap projected to go down next year because of the lost revenue due to Covid, it would make better sense to utilize that money on the guys we intend to keep and extend like Latt or Ram than it would spending it on a FA (unless we have a serious injury and need to replace someone).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom