Saints project to get one compensatory pick from ‘22 free agency (1 Viewer)

Some teams play the compensatory-pick game better than others. The Saints are in the group of teams that don't emphasize compensatory picks.
As much as they like to trade up, you would think they would want to maximize the amount of picks they could potentially receive each year

I really didn’t think we’d get any, so I’m happy with 1. The whole system is dumb and unclear. I’d rather them scrap the program and add an 8th round to the draft.

They had started to play it the year before and we were able to use them to trade up and get Adebo. Last off-season was bizarre. Knowingly burning one to sign Dalton was peak short sightedness.
... particularly when you consider that two offseasons ago we waiting to sign Jameis so he wouldn't count against our comp picks.

They had started to play it the year before and we were able to use them to trade up and get Adebo. Last off-season was bizarre. Knowingly burning one to sign Dalton was peak short sightedness.

Was it shortsightedness or was it smart since Jameis wasn't completely back from his injury and we needed a veteran QB before there wasn't any decent ones available? If it had worked out how they wanted, JW would've been healthy and AD may have never seen the field, but that's not how it turned out.

Was it shortsightedness or was it smart since Jameis wasn't completely back from his injury and we needed a veteran QB before there wasn't any decent ones available? If it had worked out how they wanted, JW would've been healthy and AD may have never seen the field, but that's not how it turned out.
I found one thing that says “it could” in the context of speculation by no one who is actually in the know…

This is revisionist. Fans want to paint anything the Saints do as stupid…

Even if we did lose a draft pick, it became our starting QB for better or worse…

I found one thing that says “it could” in the context of speculation by no one who is actually in the know…

This is revisionist. Fans want to paint anything the Saints do as stupid…

Even if we did lose a draft pick, it became our starting QB for better or worse…

Exactly, I'd rather have a veteran QB who can stay healthy and handle the offense over the QB carousel that we had in 2021.

Remember the time in the NFL draft the year after bountygate that he sent the “Make a Wish” kid up to announce the Saints pick and take the bullet for him? What a coward.
Wow I don't recall this but it sounds like something someone spineless would do. I was prob already stating to check out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom