Saints projected 2021 Draft Picks (1 Viewer)

They're going to trade most of these picks again to move up.

No way they are keeping those lower rounders who most likely won't be able to compete at the bottom of the strongest roster in the league.

But yet UDFAs make the team every year. That’s just an excuse for bad draft picks. We’re well over the cap and will need our draft picks.

And we may not get that 6th for Klein. I see NFL.com projects us to get it. Over the cap does not.

Loomis didn't predict a pandemic happening. Cuts will still need to be made.

The cap drop certainly won’t be as massive as originally thought. Owners are spreading out the hit between this coming year and the following year. Also, there will also be a 17th game meaning a lot more tv money which offsets even more. The NFL will mitigate the effects of the cap drop as much as they can so Loomis can make it happen.

But yet UDFAs make the team every year. That’s just an excuse for bad draft picks. We’re well over the cap and will need our draft picks.
I guess they feel the value is still retained if they turn all of those picks that they are unsure about into one or two player that they are super sure about..

then we'll still be like 60M over
Loomis continues finding ways, to kick the proverbial “can down the road”, with the salary cap. How he does it, is amazing. Every year, we are talking about it. But seemingly, at the start of each season, we still end up with all (or most) of the key players we need to keep.

With Falcons new hire, Saints will have only have 4 picks total(1,2,3,4). 5-7 are gone. They better make those 4 count.

With Falcons new hire, Saints will have only have 4 picks total(1,2,3,4). 5-7 are gone. They better make those 4 count.

We should be getting a 3rd round comp pick from Teddy. We could be getting a 6th round comp pick from Kline.

I guess they feel the value is still retained if they turn all of those picks that they are unsure about into one or two player that they are super sure about..
One of those being Mac Jones in your eyes, I'm guessing 😎

But yeah, there's little point trying to predict what direction the team will go in, so many factors in play.

Anyway: here are all of the 2021 draft picks the Saints are scheduled to make after the Alexander trade, as well as their draft-day maneuvering in 2020 and with projected compensatory selections:

Round 1 (own)
Round 2 (own)
Round 3 (compensatory for losing Teddy Bridgewater)
Round 3 (Fontenot)
Round 4 (own)

To recap on a few of the picks traded earlier this year, the Saints swapped out their own third- and sixth-rounders in 2021 so they could move up the board in the 2020 draft. The rookies acquired in those moves were linebacker Zack Baun and quarterback-turned-tight end Tommy Stevens.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom