Saints projected 2021 Draft Picks (1 Viewer)

Anyway: here are all of the 2021 draft picks the Saints are scheduled to make after the Alexander trade, as well as their draft-day maneuvering in 2020 and with projected compensatory selections:

Round 1 (own)
Round 2 (own)
Round 3 (compensatory for losing Teddy Bridgewater)
Round 4 (own)
Round 5 (conditional, could revert to 2022)
Round 6 (compensatory for losing A.J. Klein)
Round 7 (own)
To recap on a few of the picks traded earlier this year, the Saints swapped out their own third- and sixth-rounders in 2021 so they could move up the board in the 2020 draft. The rookies acquired in those moves were linebacker Zack Baun and quarterback-turned-tight end Tommy Stevens.

Additionally, the compensatory picks projected to New Orleans after Bridgewater and Klein signed with new teams in free agency are just that: projections. We won’t know for certain whether the NFL is awarding those selections until they are announced in the spring, so don’t get too attached to the idea of the Saints owning a selection in each round for once.: here are all of the 2021 draft picks the Saints are scheduled to make after the Alexander trade, as well as their draft-day maneuvering in 2020 and with projected compensatory selections:

Round 1 (own)
Round 2 (own)
Round 3 (compensatory for losing Teddy Bridgewater)
Round 4 (own)
Round 5 (conditional, could revert to 2022)
Round 6 (compensatory for losing A.J. Klein)
Round 7 (own)
To recap on a few of the picks traded earlier this year, the Saints swapped out their own third- and sixth-rounders in 2021 so they could move up the board in the 2020 draft. The rookies acquired in those moves were linebacker Zack Baun and quarterback-turned-tight end Tommy Stevens.

This was from 3 November on Saints wire from USA Today.

Since that Nov 3 article it has come out that Kwon has played enough for the Saints that kicked in the clause where SF gets the 2021 5th round pick so that is gone. Also the league took away the 7th round pick for covid violations. As far as the 6th round comp for Klein have have heard some say the Saints will get it while others say no. Overthecap.com doesn't show the Saints getting a 6th. The good news is that it looks like the Saints will get another 3rd this year and one next year if the report that Atlanta is going to hire Fontenot away to be their GM.

We lost it because of Jameis and our 7th because of Covid violations.

I saw that over the cap said we lost it because of Jameis. NFL.com says we didn’t. Here’s the thing. I know we signed Jameis the day after he would’ve given Tampa a comp pick. That makes me think he wouldn’t count against our comp picks. I think that’s where the confusion is.

I saw that over the cap said we lost it because of Jameis. NFL.com says we didn’t. Here’s the thing. I know we signed Jameis the day after he would’ve given Tampa a comp pick. That makes me think he wouldn’t count against our comp picks. I think that’s where the confusion is.
It was "punishment" for gaming the system. We appealed one of the punishments, not sure which one.

It was "punishment" for gaming the system. We appealed one of the punishments, not sure which one.
I don't ever recall us getting "punished" for signing Jameis. I recall some speculation. but never a punishment (nor should we as it is done that way all the time. which is why they have a late date as the rule). We have appealed the loss of draft pick for the locker room celebration and given all the others that have happened without penalty, we should have a leg to stand on.

I don't ever recall us getting "punished" for signing Jameis. I recall some speculation. but never a punishment (nor should we as it is done that way all the time. which is why they have a late date as the rule). We have appealed the loss of draft pick for the locker room celebration and given all the others that have happened without penalty, we should have a leg to stand on.
But the NFL is reportedly cracking down on teams that circumvent the comp picks policy, and could rescind that sixth-round pick because the Saints waited to sign quarterback Jameis Winston after the deadline. It figures that teams like the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens got away with this for decades only for the Saints to take the fall for it. While we won’t know for sure until next year, I’ll assume the Saints don’t receive that sixth rounder.

They're going to trade most of these picks again to move up.

No way they are keeping those lower rounders who most likely won't be able to compete at the bottom of the strongest roster in the league.
Like Callaway, Harris, Tuttle, Roach, etc.....and that’s just in the past 2 years.

Every pick is valuable when you draft as shrewdly as we do.

And they can leverage a future 2022 pick if needed since we will have an extra third rounder for Fontenout and perhaps another third rounder if Hendrickson signs for big money.

6 total picks

3 (Bridgewater to Carolina)
3 (Fontenot to Atlanta)
6 (AJ Klein to Buffalo)

3rd rounder given up to get Zack Baun
5th rounder given up for Kwon Alexander
6th rounder given up for Tommy Stevens
7th rounder given up to masjhole Goodell

I like that we are in position to move up if necessary in the 2nd or 3rd rounds with the extra picks.
What about Dan Campbell? Are we not getting picks for his departure?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom