Saints pursing Matt Lehr G/C (1 Viewer)

Boy we're cheap... very thrifty... this will be another one of those low dollar short term contracts that we sign guys that need to prove something.

I like it. Even if he gets busted again it won't cost us much.

Boy we're cheap... very thrifty... this will be another one of those low dollar short term contracts that we sign guys that need to prove something.

I like it. Even if he gets busted again it won't cost us much.

HA, you know, you are right and as frustrating as it can be to never see the "name" free agency guys end up here (aside from the odd Vilma or Brees...both of whom came/come here compliments of the question marks surrounding them, imo), the Saints taking the strategy of looking value in both free agency and on draft day kinda gets me stoked...lol...

I think this franchise (and many others) try the over-pay-to-win philosphy at some point and it tends to bite them in the rear more often than not. Though the slow, steady, and value-driven approach to building a team might take years to turn you into a perinneal playoff continder, it does seem like those teams that do get to that point tend to be there for quite some time. But it takes real commitment (and patience) from the owners, FO, and coaching staff...heck even the fanbase...so I'm glad to see that this might very well be the case for the current Saints regime.

If they keep working to improve the team in this manner and they (hopefully) get a super-long-term deal done with the state, then us fans could be looking at a never-before-seen age of regular success for this franchise for many years to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom