Saints QB Jameis Winston on benefits of offseason LASIK eye surgery: 'I can read street signs (now)' (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1588246036481.png

By Tom Schad - USA Today

As he prepared to hit the free-agent market for the first time in his NFL career, quarterback Jameis Winston decided to undergo LASIK eye surgery in February.

And it sounds like the procedure has made quite a difference.

"I can read license plates. I can read street signs," Winston told reporters Wednesday. "I think the precision in the vision is the biggest difference."

The 2015 No. 1 overall draft pick and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback spoke with local reporters in New Orleans a day after signing a one-year contract with the New Orleans Saints — a so-called "bridge" deal that will give him a chance to back up (and learn from) veteran starter Drew Brees.

Winston's comments about license plates and street signs came after he used a hypothetical scenario to describe the improvements in his vision. He offered up the example of a hit-and-run car accident in which he would have previously been unable to read the license plate of the car that hit him. ...

Full Story - USA Today

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom