Saints QB Jameis Winston on benefits of offseason LASIK eye surgery: 'I can read street signs (now)' (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1588246036481.png

By Tom Schad - USA Today

As he prepared to hit the free-agent market for the first time in his NFL career, quarterback Jameis Winston decided to undergo LASIK eye surgery in February.

And it sounds like the procedure has made quite a difference.

"I can read license plates. I can read street signs," Winston told reporters Wednesday. "I think the precision in the vision is the biggest difference."

The 2015 No. 1 overall draft pick and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback spoke with local reporters in New Orleans a day after signing a one-year contract with the New Orleans Saints — a so-called "bridge" deal that will give him a chance to back up (and learn from) veteran starter Drew Brees.

Winston's comments about license plates and street signs came after he used a hypothetical scenario to describe the improvements in his vision. He offered up the example of a hit-and-run car accident in which he would have previously been unable to read the license plate of the car that hit him. ...

Full Story - USA Today

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom