Saints qb luck (2 Viewers)

bearze34

The Listener
Reaction score
I looked at our qb situation for much of this year as a disaster. Actually, we could be much worse off. We could be stuck with the Eagles, the Bears, or the Dolphins qb's. They are all young and full of promise with little production. Those teams can't get rid of them so these players become coach killers, just ask Matt Nagy or Brian Flores. Their new coach will be expected to make it work with terrible quarterbacks. I would take Winston over any of them by a mile.

I looked at our qb situation for much of this year as a disaster. Actually, we could be much worse off. We could be stuck with the Eagles, the Bears, or the Dolphins qb's. They are all young and full of promise with little production. Those teams can't get rid of them so these players become coach killers, just ask Matt Nagy or Brian Flores. Their new coach will be expected to make it work with terrible quarterbacks. I would take Winston over any of them by a mile.
While I would keep JW over them, I think Fields and Tua would do well with CSP coaching them. Hurts is a lost cause.

I'll take our situation over all those. Next season looks promising for us...not sure I can say the same for those other teams.

• 1Like
Reactions: mcg
We need two WR1 level receivers starting to maintain the passing offense so that we won’t always have to depend solely on the ability of the QB in case of injury under center.

A serviceable QB should be able to keep drives alive if he has two good receivers that can make the necessary catches and get open consistently

Somewhat off-topic, but how is it/why is it that the Eagles seem to have the Saints number over the last couple of seasons?

I got an alert on my phone a little while ago and it said 17-0 Tompa Bay over Philly?!?

The Iggles don’t belong in the playoffs, yet they handed the Saints an open can of WA 2 years straight!

Somewhat off-topic, but how is it/why is it that the Eagles seem to have the Saints number over the last couple of seasons?

I got an alert on my phone a little while ago and it said 17-0 Tompa Bay over Philly?!?

The Iggles don’t belong in the playoffs, yet they handed the Saints an open can of WA 2 years straight!
Because the Saints allow Hurts to run against them. Tampa Bay is making him beat them with his arm, not his legs. And he is not able to.

While I would keep JW over them, I think Fields and Tua would do well with CSP coaching them. Hurts is a lost cause.
Hurts is just a bag of hurts. Like a bag of rocks hitting you over your head constantly.

Style match up. Eagles is just perfectly built to beat us.

The Eagles were fortunate in 2020 to play a Brees-less Saints.
The Eagles were fortunate in 2021 to play Winston-less and Hill-less Saints.

Now that the NFL is so QB driven with the passing game and rules protecting QBs and WRs, your odds of winning against a team's 2nd and 3rd string QB likely increase greatly versus playing against their starting QB. I would like to see the analytics.

Its like Jeff Fisher and those crappy St. Louis Rams teams he coached that would shut down Brees and Payton every time we played them.

IMO it’s because we play a lot of man coverage which allows Hurts to run since most defenders have their back turned or are covering a specific player and not close to the LOS. You’d think DA would tone it down and throw in some zone or a spy on Hurts but he didn’t.

I really dont see much promise for TUA other than low mid tier Qb

Honestly I like the position we're in. We are in the driver's seat with re-signing Winston, should be our last year in cap hell and it's a good draft for wide receivers and offensive line.

If Winston regresses, Carr and Jimmy G will both be FA's and next year's draft class is potentially loaded with QB's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom