Video Saints QB Teddy Bridgewater & Pre-Snap Mental Processing: Half-Field reads, and how to read them (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Some of the basics NFL quarterbacks get overlooked, and yet it's these simple things that make some so successful. Teddy Bridgewater helps showcase pre-snap reads/half field reads in this clip. Spot concept to the right, slant/flat to the left. Which one should he go with, and how does he make the decision? Made a quick video for everyone. Hope ya'll enjoy, and as always feel free to drop questions.

Well done, I liked this analysis. Just getting around to watching Friday’s game. Noticed a lot of good things from Teddy. A confidence in the system, and himself.

My only criticism of Bridgewater is the fact that he needs to learn to throw the ball away from time to time without taking a sack.

GREAT JOB Rev!!
I personally feel so much better about TB. His poise, is what made me take notice. SP has gone on record to say, "That's my guy", and then we paid him 5 million dollars as a back up. Granted the best back up in the NFL, since Foles is a starter now. I REALLY think he IS, the answer, AFTER Drew retires AFTER the 20-21 Season. ;)

Last edited:
Had a friend trying to explain to me the other day that a "half field read" is a play designed for a QB that is too slow going through his progressions and "can't see the whole field". :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

Sent him a link to this video. Thanks Rev!

Had a friend trying to explain to me the other day that a "half field read" is a play designed for a QB that is too slow going through his progressions and "can't see the whole field". :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

Sent him a link to this video. Thanks Rev!

Lol well that can be the case, but not here. Generally if a QB is bad at pre snap reads he gets a lot of design throws with only a couple of options.

those of us who love x and 0s but always find ourselves deficient in it are lucky to have you and your contributions RDW. Not many teams fans can find such detail or so much of it, specific to their own team. Thanks as always.

Some of the basics NFL quarterbacks get overlooked, and yet it's these simple things that make some so successful. Teddy Bridgewater helps showcase pre-snap reads/half field reads in this clip. Spot concept to the right, slant/flat to the left. Which one should he go with, and how does he make the decision? Made a quick video for everyone. Hope ya'll enjoy, and as always feel free to drop questions.

I wonder how many other people here actually understood the DBZ reference :ROFLMAO:

Thank you so much. That was great, probably one of the best informative segments I have seen. You answered my Taysom question before I asked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom