Saints QB...... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It always seems like we have 1-2 QBs ....that will never make the roster .....play the first 2 preseason games.

With the cutting of Barrett, we only have 3 QBs on the roster, and all 3 will make the team.

And Bridge and Taysom will basically all preseason, really looking forward to watching them!

Basically. And both can run an offense too. Look at their play in training camp so far. Having these two have been very beneficial for both offense and defense especially for the receivers. We don't have a quarterback that is trying to find his ways in the nfl and understanding his receivers. Practices are more efficient and it challenge the defense every plays. I am really interested in watching the offense in the preseason games. I want to see if they can score at least 20 points and not have quarterback like in past years looking all scare and confuse every snaps.

I think they are doing this to really start to get a feel for the future. Brees might not be here next year if we win it all.

I hope taysom shines in preseason. Watching him in the qb challenge compared to teddy is a huge difference in accuracy and passion.

Unless someone picks up J.T. we could easily see him back on the roster. We did that with him all last year and we know what we have in him. It may just be more important to see competition at other positions and don't currently have an open spot.

But we know who the top 3 QBs will be. I would not be surprised to see J.T. back and fill that on & off spot on the PS. Maybe soon enough to get some playing time in preseason.

:shrug: Who knows.

BTW, I have no preference in Hill vs Bridgewater. The best man will win. Today the best passer, imo, is TB. The best overall talent is TH.

And those QB challenges are meaningless in this training camp battle. Those are just after practice games for fun. It isn't serious competition.

Simply stated the best QB (passer+leadership+ability to execute the playbook) in CSP's opinion will win that spot.

Last edited:
Basically. And both can run an offense too. Look at their play in training camp so far. Having these two have been very beneficial for both offense and defense especially for the receivers. We don't have a quarterback that is trying to find his ways in the nfl and understanding his receivers. Practices are more efficient and it challenge the defense every plays. I am really interested in watching the offense in the preseason games. I want to see if they can score at least 20 points and not have quarterback like in past years looking all scare and confuse every snaps.

This! TB n Taysom are getting more reps and playing well! The 2nd, and even 3rd team WRs are getting/benefiting from more capable QB play. And with solid QB play, the D has been getting tested more consistently.

It’s been nuttn short of a win/win so far...for EVERYBODY! :9:

I was all in on Hill last year but watching TB especially in camp and listening to him speak, I can easily see him as our next Drew Brees. I love Hill but I dont want a running QB, the risk reward is to great especially with his injury history. TB is like a sponge to Brees and is going to be really good. I even like the way he wears his helmet now in the QB challenge.

I know preseason is meaningless for anything other than vets knocking some rust off and developing and evaluating young players.
The offenses and defenses are all vanilla, and everybody's just trying not to get hurt.

But I can't help but feel that we will have a much better team top to bottom than any team we'll play in August. Our 2's and 3's are better than I've ever seen them. We're deep and talented at every position. I feel like even the guys that won't make our team are better than the guys that won't make their team.

But I totally agree with the OP and Cougar 1... We have 2 very good QBs behind Drew. They will get the bulk of the preseason work. Our 1's, 2's, and 3's WR's have been catching balls from those "very good" QB's all camp. They'll be catching balls from them in the preseason games. We're going 4-0 in August, and whereas that usually means nothing... this time it does.

Because it's not only the WR's who are benefiting from those "very good" QB's... The LB's and DB's are getting quality work every rep in camp. We have what? 9 practices in the books now? Our defense has already had to level up a few times. In recent years, It's taken 2, 3, or even 4 regular season games before our defense got where it needed to be. I think that'll happen a lot sooner this season.

In past preseason games, it was always our back up QBs pooping the bed making us look out of whack and unprepared. I think this year, we're going to look like the most polished and ready team on the field in those "meaningless" games.

Am I the only one that wants Bridgewater to be the QB after Brees and keep Hill in his role? I know Hill wants to start so I doubt he would want that.

No, your not the only one.. i've always been a fan of Teddy, he's a pure polished quarterback.. excellent arm strength, nice accuracy, and by now a couple years removed from his injury.. This is definetly no knock to TH, who by all rights and means is respectable, but Teddy is a "pure" QB, in other words that's all he's built for.. no tricks or gadget plays or playing on special teams, just quarterback.

I could see down the line where you'd have TB at the 1 and TH at the 2, especially after working together the past few years under CSP and Drew.. If I were the both of those guys i'd be pretty happy and content on the route the ship was sailing.. I mean with Teddy at the helm after Drew hangs it up would be sweet.. not only would we have a vet QB, but one that knows the system.. and with TH, same thing, the perfect 1-2 combo post a HOF QB.

I absolutely love TH's passion, he's a gawd-damn football player!.. but at the same time I absolutely love TB's drive, and most importantly, patience, to over-come and persevere after a devastating injury that could've been the end to his career. The Saints are in a pretty good spot as far as the position of QB is concerned.. You have 1, 2 and 3 already set, and when 1 calls it good, 2 and 3 takeover, then is when I see the Saints drafting a QB, but until such time I think they'll be just fine.. In Ted i'll trust!

NW.

Interesting that some think Taysom is going to sign up to be a backup/gadget player the rest of his career.

I think Drew signs another two year extension. Teddy signs with another team. Taysom gets a RFA tender and is the backup next year. We draft a real future QB. And in 2021 Taysom leaves as a UFA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom