Saints quarterback Drew Brees could be in for 1st test against Jets' 'D' (1 Viewer)

That article SHOULD have read:

Jets' 'D'could be in for 1st test against Saints quarterback Drew Brees

Brady isn't fully recovered yet. It takes awhile for a QB to shake off the rust, just look at what Carson Palmer was like after he returned from a similar injury.

This is exactly what shows/proves that Brees is the best QB in the business....How long did it take Drew to get back into the swing of things coming off his throwing shoulder injury?? Less than any other QB really. He came here the next season and started right off at a high level.
And why is nobody bringing it up more that yes, Jets D is good blah blah blah
Our D is pretty dang good too and I promise this...Our D will be the best one on the field at anytime Sunday..Lock it in and take it to the bank

The Jets aren't just beating big-name quarterbacks, they're tormenting them. Look beyond the sack total (four), and check out the number of quarterback hits - 30. They're on a 160-hit pace, which would be more than twice last season's total (70). And they haven't had their best pass rusher, Calvin Pace, who is serving a four-game league suspension.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/10/02/2009-10-02_drew_brees.html

I don't think QB hits is an official stat, but even still, ESPN is providing it in box scores this year.. If you add up the QB hits listed in those plus the 4 sacks, you only get 24 total hits..

No doubt Drew will be under tons of pressure again this week, but we know he can handle it.. It's up to the OL to step up and give him time to find the open man b/c there will be an open man when they start bringing pressure.. And I'm sure the OL sees this as a challenge for them..

I have faith our Offensive Line will give Brees all the time he needs...and you know what happens when Brees has time!

I have faith our Offensive Line will give Brees all the time he needs...and you know what happens when Brees has time!

Depends on how much time...

I'm hoping we hear Jim Henderson coverage that sounds something like this:

"Brees steps up in the pocket and throws it deep to wide open Devery Henderson and he slows down to catch the ball and boy what throw by Brees. 35, 25, 15, 10, 5 and he scores! Man another stunning performance by this high powered offense. The Saints just keep putting up the points against this helpless Jets defense."

I thought the Bills and the Eagles presented challenges in their own ways. The Jets have some nice talent on defense, but they're missing some key peices to the puzzle. At home, I think Drew has a much better game than he did last Sunday.

Given the Jets DB situation

It seems clear that moving a safety to a corner back will give Saints WRs a speed advantage. Drew will be able to capitalize if given time, so Ryan will blitz a lot more than normal and his teams already lead the NFL in blitzing.

I think the game is going to hinge on how well Drew handles the overload blitzes with audibles to runs sweeps to the opposite side of the overload, screens and slants. I trust he will be rolling out a lot away from the overload areas...

Hopefully he'll be able to find Henderson a couple times behind Jet coverage for TDs.

Yea have to agree.
Jets D gets their first real test from a complete offense.
Jets D gets worn down in second half.
Saints D shuts down Jets O.

You mean he hasn't been tested yet???? Oh my God! I guess we better be afraid.

Give me a break.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom