Saints Question for the 2010 Draft? (1 Viewer)

Is there any chance that a deal gets done b/w the league and the union prior to the uncapped year? Are they even trying?

Yes. This will be one of the most talented drafts in a while, resulting in a less-talented college season (usually not that noticeable though). Not a bad year to have a late draft pick.

On the other hand, though, pretty bad year NOT to have an early one :miffed:

With the collective bargaining agreement lapsing next year and with a good deal of conversation about going to a rookie cap the year thereafter, do you believe the majority of Juniors will be coming out early? Is it a good year for Junior talent? Do you think the Saints will try and stock draft picks?

The popular theory is there will be a larger-then-usual Junior class this year.

In reality, the rookie cap is only going to be significant for the first round, and even then mostly just the top 15, maybe even really just the top 10 picks.

So while a few more Juniors then average will enter the draft, I don't expect it to be significant. If you're getting a second-round grade as a Junior, entering the draft in 2010 won't likely earn you any extra money.

Is there any chance that a deal gets done b/w the league and the union prior to the uncapped year?

Yes

mmule said:
Are they even trying?

Not right now.

The most likely outcome (IF any deal is reached before the 2010 offseason) is some sort of interim deal that replaces the capless year in 2010 and bridges the gap between the 2009 season and the current CBA and a new more permanent deal. The 2010 capless year has negative implications for both owners and the NFLPA that both parties want to avoid. Which was the point, to force both to some sort of agreement beforehand.

That said, the critical problem, as I understand it, is there is serious disagreement amongst the owners themselves about what they even want, particularly in terms of revenue sharing amongst the owners (not even the players and owners), and so the NFL is finding it impossible to begin negotiating with the NFLPA because, simply, the NFL doesn't know what it wants yet.

Trade Brown. Pick up another second like the Pats like to do.

The trade deadline is past so Brown can't be traded. He will be either a FA if there is a cap next year or a RFA if next year becomes un-capped.

I've been wondering to we look for more an 3-4 outside LB/DE.

I know in the best the answer was always no, but with GW's defense and because we do run this formation sometimes, I think it would be cool to get on of the elite 3-4 LBs in this year's draft.

What do you guys think?

PS I would also like us to take a look at some NTs and maybe some Offensive lineman ( you can never have too many of those)

I say that when the draft rolls around we come up to pick at No. 32 in the 1st round that Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis should simply turn to Gregg Williams and ask him which player he would most like to have of whoever remains on the board.

And then we draft whoever Gregg Williams wants.

Greg Hardy or Jerry Hughes will do

Greg Hardy will be long-gone before we get a shot at him.

Yep. And I'm okay with that. He's a freak when he wants to be, but he is often injured and takes way to many plays off when he's not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom