Saints "quietly" research Laurainitis and Jenkins (1 Viewer)

Jenkins got owned last night for the most part. That INT was a bad pass too.

Charles Scott owned him the best though.

But trades always require a willing partner too, so :shrug:

right.

The reason I asked in the first place is because I've seen a few mock draft sites that indicate Baltimore might be amenable to dropping down a couple of slots based on their needs and what would likely be available.

If Ellis has a strong combine - based on what I know of him - I would seriously consider a third round pick.

But I am overly obsessed with getting a DT over a LB or DB.... so that factors into it lol

Laurinitis didn't impress me much. Sure he had 18 tackles, but how many of those were behind the line. He looked undersized and he didn't have a presence that would strike fear in an offense. His pass coverage looked average. I have seen him in other games where he made a lot of tackles, but he would get pushed back a couple yards in the process. I think when he gets to the NFL level he is going to get over-powered at his position.

I would probably wait to pick up a LB in 2nd or 3rd round. Right now, I am kind of favoring picking Safety Kenny Phillips, but there are some juniors still declaring.

Jenkins got owned last night for the most part. That INT was a bad pass too.

Charles Scott owned him the best though.

He did? Hmm, I guess if that's how you saw it. Scott made a nice stiff arm on Jenkins who stumbled but was able to regain his footing and come back to make the tackle on Scott. I don't know if that's owning him as much as it is Scott delivering the type of stiff arm you like to see from your RB on an opposing DB.

I do not know how Jenkins got owned for the most part. I did not see him getting burnt all over the field as some people here would have you to believe. I also some him coming up to stop the run and being around most of the tackles that were made, which shows good awareness on his part as well as a willingness to engage.

I'm all for little animal...but I'm not sure a rookie corner is what we need...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom