Saints-Raiders draw significant ratings increase for MNF (1 Viewer)

Again, if you had read what I just posted literally an hour ago, I said that I agree that the NFL is mostly insulated as the numbers seem to suggest that they will be mostly ok.

All I've been saying is that sports haven't been doing consistently well as compared to other tv programs. That's it.
To other TV programs, sports are still far ahead.
That’s the state when you can stream shows on your on time.

To other TV programs, sports are still far ahead.
That’s the state when you can stream shows on your on time.
Again that's not my point. As I said before, if you compare sports numbers from this year to the last few years, they are down by a huge percentage. Not the NFL, although they are down slightly.

Compared to other tv shows that have had similar, if not higher ratings from the previous years.

What am I saying that you are missing?

Again that's not my point. As I said before, if you compare sports numbers from this year to the last few years, they are down by a huge percentage. Not the NFL, although they are down slightly.

Compared to other tv shows that have had similar, if not higher ratings from the previous years.

What am I saying that you are missing?
What TV shows are drawing more on a regular basis than sports?

Do you understand the concept of percentages? Because if you don't then we can't continue to have a reasonable discussion.
Im asking. What shows draw more than live sports?
Regular TV shows ratings have dropped at a higher percentage. The big networks can barely get four or five million.

What TV shows are drawing more on a regular basis than sports?
Let's say that I open up a business in 2011 and in my first year I make a profit of $1,000,000. Then in 2012 it's $2,000,000. And it continues that way to 2019 where I'm at $9,000,000.

So in 2020 I'm expecting, based of off previous years data, that I'll make $10,000,000. Except that this year it all of a sudden drops down to $6,000,000 and I'm not sure why after years of expansion and profit, I lost close to 40% of my expected earnings.

Am I still making a ton of money compared to the other businesses around me? Absolutely. But I would still want to understand why there is such a drop in my revenue/earnings.

Again, if you had read what I just posted literally an hour ago, I said that I agree that the NFL is mostly insulated as the numbers seem to suggest that they will be mostly ok.

All I've been saying is that sports haven't been doing consistently well as compared to other tv programs. That's it.

I didn't say anything about the NFL. Everything I wrote was responding about your point about the NBA being down. They're playing at a different time period than their normal season so how can you compare ratings from May/June 2019 to September 2020?

Talk about not reading...

I didn't say anything about the NFL. Everything I wrote was responding about your point about the NBA being down. They're playing at a different time period than their normal season so how can you compare ratings from May/June 2019 to September 2020?

Talk about not reading...
Right there in my second paragraph I said sports, not the NFL.

Tucker Carlson Tonight, Hannity just drew over 5,000,000 a few days ago.
If you look at the chart, the only demo he had an effect in was 50 plus. The least desirable demographic in television.

If you look at the chart, the only demo he had an effect in was 50 plus. The least desirable demographic in television.
The 18-34 year old demographic is from the Mad Men era. It used to be a big deal historically but it's not coveted by advertising execs like it did 20+ years ago.

The 18-34 year old demographic is from the Mad Men era. It used to be a big deal historically but it's not coveted by advertising execs like it did 20+ years ago.
Not the most coveted? It still is! That’s why ratings are still broken down this way. It’s why every channel still tailors their networks for it. It’s why music videos and ads imitate Adult Swim.

Not the most coveted? It still is! That’s why ratings are still broken down this way. It’s why every channel still tailors their networks for it. It’s why music videos and ads imitate Adult Swim.
This answer made me laugh more than anything in quite a while. Thanks for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom