Saints-Raiders draw significant ratings increase for MNF (1 Viewer)

If one boycots, and only watches Saints games, how can you NOT, watch games when our ENEMIES are playing? Atl. Car. TB.
Hoping that each one loses by at least 37 points!
Then root against ALL NFC teams for future seedings. Root against the top NFC teams. GB, SeaChickens, Alice, Iggles, Forty Whiners, L A Lambs. etc.
A Saints fan could watch 7-8 games per weekend.
Just Sayin. LOL
P.S. If our enemies play each other hope they kill each other.
I mean I'm a Saints fan, am I missing something?? Again.. LOL

I pay close attention to the scores but won’t watch them

Lakers/Nuggets was competing against SNF. Even with those numbers, the NBA playoffs have been the highest rated program on cable.
So the most prominent team in the NBA, with LBJ and AD in the conference finals and a drop of 60% from last year and the lowest rated conference finals since 2003 - and your reason is that it was against SNF? Really?

Lakers/Nuggets was competing against SNF. Even with those numbers, the NBA playoffs have been the highest rated program on cable.

Here’s Tuesday’s ratings.

405A799F-73A6-4FFA-A9AA-8129A3D29D84.png
I'm not arguing with you about the raw numbers. It's the percentage drop from last year and every year since '03

I'm not arguing with you about the raw numbers. It's the percentage drop from last year and every year since '03
Compare it to every other show on TV. Network TV where shows would regularly get 10-15 million a week in the 90s have trouble getting to 4 or 5 million.

I could understand a 20-30% drop from last year if it were say the Jazz vs Mavericks. But not with the Lakers in primetine with the biggest stars in the sport.

So the most prominent team in the NBA, with LBJ and AD in the conference finals and a drop of 60% from last year and the lowest rated conference finals since 2003 - and your reason is that it was against SNF? Really?
The NFL rules TV when it’s on.

Compare it to every other show on TV. Network TV where shows would regularly get 10-15 million a week in the 90s have trouble getting to 4 or 5 million.
But you're referencing almost 30 years ago. I'm talking about the same ratings from last year. Apples to apples.

Ratings for regular TV have dropped even worse.
Quite true. But still doesn't explain why there is such a stark drop from one year to the next with the league's biggest star playing. And it's not just as if this was a one game aberration. The ratings have been consistently lower all postseason.

Yes. Because...it's a fact.

JFC

Quite true. But still doesn't explain why there is such a stark drop from one year to the next with the league's biggest star playing. And it's not just as if this was a one game aberration. The ratings have been consistently lower all postseason.
But on cable when it’s not competing against the NFL, the NBA has held the number one spot in cable ratings. The gap is even higher when you go into key demos as you can see in that chart I posted.

So how do you explain the rest of the terrible ratings, as compared to the past 10 years?
Well I've never argued for the NBA's ratings, mainly I've argued that people saying the NFL's ratings are a concern are being silly and willfully ignorant because of their beliefs.

But like @Saint Jack said, ratings are down across the board for every form of entertainment. The NBA has had some ratings highs since returning and some ratings lows. When they go against the NFL, of course they will face historic lows, the NFL rules all.

Is the NFL and NBA promoting BLM and racial equality causing people to tune out? Sadly, yes. Are enough tuning out to put a severe dent in their ratings? Not really. The pandemic has a lot more to do with that than people's beliefs. Especially for the NBA, whose audience is majority black and young.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom