Saints @ Rams / What say you? (2 Viewers)

Saints need to go into LA Coliseum and destroy the Rams. O yea I remember when Roby said he put that boy on the spin cycle. Gotcha player!!!

I think the run game, plus Cook and Ginn, are the keys to this game. If the Saints can run on them (McCaffrey did last week) then that can open up Cook down the seam... and if they stop that... look for Ginn on longer routes.

I have been critical of Sean Payton, but I think he will come up with a good game plan for this one. He's still sore about the NFCCG.

We will blow them out.... This is the type of game we go into, and I feel like it will be close, but then we open up a can O'whupazz... kinda like the Eagles game last year... that game seemed like it was going to be a dog fight.... until it wasn't.

It will be the second time this year we play the Rams that the game will be close (playoffs)... not the first.

I won't be shocked if we win, but coming off an emotional win, the travel, short week, ect I certainly don't expect it. I do think it's important to find a way to somehow take one of the next two. It's a lot to ask, but coming out of the first four games at 3-1 or better would set us up really well for a top-2 seed.

I think a well-rested David Onyemata might having something to say on the matter.
This
And it should be noted that this is not a usual ‘short week’
It’s only 2nd week and starters hadn’t done much the previous 2weeks

Hopefully McKay has enough of his tendencies on tape that our film room players can be prepared

I also assume coaches liked what they saw of Davenport taking a lot of the Rankins snaps - they’ll try for even more pregnant motion to confuse Goff

Just hope we start off by running the ball a little more
I thought we ran too much and had too many underneath routes against the Texans (in the first half). I know that most of the opening 2 drives are scripted. However, Houston was playing man on the outside and the wideouts were beating the defenders on every play.
Part of it was probably to slow down the pass rush, until they were sure that the OL could handle it. The OL played a great game and Ram totally neutralized JJ Watt.

I think I like having the visits to the Rams and Seahawks, early on the season and back to back.

Neither of these teams looked going all cylinders in week one. And our division rivals lost their games.

Even if we loose both of the games, it is something that will be in the past, early in the season. The toughest quarter of our season is the first one.

So we will improve, we will get our wins when we do, and arrive to December on a more advantageous situation.

I am not taking much if both results are negative, whatever comes to us, it will be positive at the end.

I'm going to over simplify and say the Rams present similar challenges to the Texans. However, to win we have to start faster (3rd down & red zone effency). Stay positive on the takeaway\turnovers. Defensive line needs to do better vs the run and on 3rd down.
I like our OL vs the Rams DL. If we can get the running going early and win ToP with TDs instead of FGs I think we win.
I'm really feeling like this team is primed to really start off the season strong on this road trip.

I think it helps that we've played each other multiple times the past several years, so it's not like we aren't familiar with the Rams. Their game against the Panthers was a close one even though Cam played badly. I think the short week and travel do play to the Rams advantage (NFL planned I'm sure), but you can't count out CSP, DB, and the Saints.

The short week/emotional MNF game don’t bother me as much because of the opponent. Even Cam said after the game he knew who was next (and he pretty much admitted he usually doesn’t even pay attention).

I’m a lot more concerned about the Rams’ offense at home, where McVay can communicate with Goff and Kupp vs PJ Williams.

On the other side, they look a lot different when Weddle is out there.

This will probably be our toughest game of the regular season. If we can split the next two, I’ll feel pretty good moving forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom