Saints @ Rams / What say you? (3 Viewers)

You think DA is studying the film from the SB to see how Bellicheck completely shut down the Rams???

btw: I didn't have the heart to watch that game after the travesty in the NFCCG? For those that watched, how did the Pats shut down the Rams offense? Thx

I hope we run the ball down their throats. Limit the turnovers and run that ball all day long on Wade and his D. That’s going to be the ticket to a Saints win.

24-22.....Saints, WhoDat

I have low expectations for this one.

Everything that has been said about short weeks, emotional wins and whatnot factor into my estimations.

Saints typically don’t hit their stride until after week 3 and I think the defense might get caught flatfooted a few times on Cooks and Gurley.

Also worry about our poor showing on 3rd downs, especially 3rd and long. I worry that Kupp will prolong drives and keep the defense on the field.

I think we will be fired up but the grind will wear us down. I see it transpiring similarly to the game from 2017 in LA.

Early week prediction, 41-37 Saints

I definitely could see the game ending like that. But how sweet would it be if our defense stepped up with a couple pics and a few more three-and-outs! They (defense) are so overdue for a few lucky breaks and a big showing. Could you even imagine what a pic 6 would do for us in this game? The D has to shine Sunday!

I absolutely hate the fact that the NFL has flipped its own incompetence and shady practices into a media hype machine for this “revenge game.”
NFLN itself is playing up the fact that the NFL blew a huge call, and now spinning it into buzz about this game...
A game that is basically tee’d up for the Rams to have success. The Saints are the pawn once again in an effort to ignite a uninspired fan base in a major market.

Taking off the Black & Gold glasses, it's hard to see this game as anything other than a dogfight to the end. This is literally the type of game that will come down to one or two plays that will make the difference for the eventual winner. And because it will (likely) be a close game, the officiating will be called into question by someone based on who ends up taking this barn-burner.

Obviously the Saints need to have all their assignments and their gameplan in top form and not allow the emotions of this 'rematch/revenge game' to cause more mistakes than usual. That can be a danger for a team when the players are thinking with their heart instead of their head. Hopefully this game will not go into overtime. That would be extra tough for a team that is traveling, is on a short week, AND will have another tough road game the following week.

But the formula will be the same. If the Saints can take advantage of any/all scoring opportunities, eliminated turnovers and big plays, and (perhaps) get some takeaways of their own, it's likely they will win. If the Rams do these same things well, they will most certainly take control of the game.

So I see it as a close game that may go to the team who makes a go ahead drive very late in the game... possibly even in 'walk-off' fashion. I think the Saints will take this one in another exciting contest that will receive 'Game of the Week' honors once again. Have your heart pills ready! :9:

If I look at this without being a Saints fan, I would say Rams win this one because of home field advantage, a longer time to prepare, and not having to fly out to the west coast and adjusting. I'm concerned this game may get out of hand. Could be 35-20 Rams.

Now if I look at this with just my Saints fan emotional "kick the teeth out the the Rams revenge game mode on", Saints 28 - 24. The Saints drive the field and Drew throws a dagga to Cook and we all see which Cook(s), cooks the best jambalaya!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom