Saints Rapid Reports - CBSSports.com (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CBS Sports Saints Rapid Reports
10/21/09

Oct 21 3:49 ET Both RB Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush said they'd have no problem if the Saints started running the Wildcat. Saints fans, don't count on it. The last thing coach Sean Payton wants to do is take the ball out of the hands of QB Drew Brees.

Oct 21 3:48 ET RB Reggie Bush played defensive coordinator for a minute today as he gave his plan on how to stop the Dolphins Wildcat offense. "I don't understand why teams don't just blitz everybody and leave guys in single coverage," Bush said. He added jokingly,"I guess that's why I'm not a coach."

Oct 21 3:47 ET RB Reggie Bush on the Dolphins game being a possible trap game: "We have no business and no right to overlook this team."

Oct 21 3:42 ET The Saints have been one of the better defenses in stopping the run this season allowing only 83.4 yards rushing per game. "For us coach (Gregg) Williams will demise a great plan for us this week to come up and stop that," DE Charles Grant said. For Grant's sake, let's hope he meant "derive" a great plan.

Oct 21 3:42 ET "You've got to be able to stop them," DE Charles Grant said about stopping the Dolphins' Wildcat offense. "They have two great backs and their offensive line is great. They run it the best in the NFL. ... I think they are going into the game trying to keep the ball out of Drew Brees' hands."
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NO

Oct 21 3:42 ET The Saints have been one of the better defenses in stopping the run this season allowing only 83.4 yards rushing per game. "For us coach (Gregg) Williams will demise a great plan for us this week to come up and stop that," DE Charles Grant said. For Grant's sake, let's hope he meant "derive" a great plan.

And if we're really lucky he'll "devise' a plan

Reggie Bush on the Dolphins game being a possible trap game: "We have no business and no right to overlook this team."
This is why after he fumbles and I scream and yell, my approval meter goes back the other way when he says stuff like this or demonstrates how much of a team player he is. That's a great quote.
will demise a great plan for us this week to come up and stop that
"I don't think that word means what you think it means."

Product of the Univ of GA. J/K :hihi:

We have the firepower to score a lot of points on the Phins. The question is how many snaps will Drew and co get to try? If they are able to keep the number of possessions down, it might be a lower scoring game because of their offense, not defense.

I think Sean Payton should run the wildcat when the game is already won. Like against the Giants when Brees was taken out we should have tried Bush in the cat.

I think Sean Payton should run the wildcat when the game is already won. Like against the Giants when Brees was taken out we should have tried Bush in the cat.

Why do I suddenly think of Jason Sehorn returning kickoffs in a preseason game?

We have the firepower to score a lot of points on the Phins. The question is how many snaps will Drew and co get to try? If they are able to keep the number of possessions down, it might be a lower scoring game because of their offense, not defense.

With the Dolphins secondary being what it is, I expect us to put up some quick scores off the bat. That'll neutralize alot of the wildcat problems.

Get the ball first, score a TD, get a stop, score another TD, and then they don't have to worry about the wildcat.

oct 21 3:42 et the saints have been one of the better defenses in stopping the run this season allowing only 83.4 yards rushing per game. "for us coach (gregg) williams will demise a great plan for us this week to come up and stop that," de charles grant said. For grant's sake, let's hope he meant "derive" a great plan.

haha!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom