Saints @ Ravens possibly getting flexed to SNF (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Victor Howell said on CST's Saints Tonight after the game last night that there was talk of the Saints/Ravens game in 2 weeks getting flexed.

The game's already set to start at 3:05 PM... the current scheduled SNF game is Rams @ 49ers

NBC can start flexing games as soon as week 5 (which was this past weekend)... but can flex a maximum of 2 games between weeks 5 - 10... so this would obviously be 1 of their allotted 2

We should know today if they will or not b/c it must be announced AT LEAST 12 days out from the day of the game (the 1 exception being week 17)

It really does sound like a blockbuster game to be honest... would LOVE for that to happen

I'm surprised they're not looking to flex the Rams/Saints game.

That would be great. I wonder if the fact that we have a SNF game the following week (@Minnesota) already scheduled would factor in to the decision? SNF is my favorite broadcast, so two in a row would be fantastic. Plus we seem to do well in prime time games.

Note though if the NFL decided to flex the Baltimore/Saints game then the Saints could not be flexed into
primetime for the remainder of season. They would have met their max of allowable primetime games.
So that would prevent the possible primetime flexing of any of the remaining games on their schedule.

As long as they don't flex us out of any of our remaining noon games! Football is ingrained in me to be played at noon on Sunday.

I wonder if the fact that we have a SNF game the following week (@Minnesota) already scheduled would factor in to the decision?

Looking at the best alternatives for Sunday Night Football on October 21st, it is interesting to note that two of the other attractive games that weekend, Bengals @ Chiefs and Patriots @ Bears, also involve teams that will have played on Sunday night the week before (Chiefs @ Patriots on October 14th). So it seems that if SNF wants to flex out of the Rams/49ers game on October 21st because the 49ers stink, they may have to pick a game involving a team that will play back-to-back games on Sunday night.

The only other game that I can see on the schedule for week 7 that appears somewhat attractive is Panthers @ Eagles, but that would be the 4th Eagles game to be scheduled on SNF this season, and they have a 2-3 record now.

As long as they don't flex us out of any of our remaining noon games! Football is ingrained in me to be played at noon on Sunday.

The thing is, we only have 3 noon games left on the season if you can believe that: Nov. 11, Nov. 18, and the last game on Dec 30.
I’m thinking the Rams at Saints might be a more appealing flex option.

Well the good thing is we have a chance to get flexed later in the season. Got some great games coming up!

No flex for Saints/Ravens, instead the NFL flexed the Bengals/Chiefs into the Niners/Rams slot for SNF

No flex for Saints/Ravens, instead the NFL flexed the Bengals/Chiefs into the Niners/Rams slot for SNF
Good choice. We haven't won a national televised road game in sooo long,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom