Saints RB coach working out Tyjae Spears at Tulane Pro Day; Spears will meet with Saints later (1 Viewer)

One thing we really don't know is if the Saints think they have anything in Eno Benjamin. Getting bounced by the Cardinals and Texans isn't a great look, but I know a lot of people were pretty high on him coming out of the draft.

Sure he might go in the third round but I could see the Saints draft him in the second to secure that they get their guy
I dunno. I thought that too at first. Kind of even wanted it but our 2nd round pick is like 11 picks back from our first. I don't see us reaching for him just to secure him.

One thing we really don't know is if the Saints think they have anything in Eno Benjamin. Getting bounced by the Cardinals and Texans isn't a great look, but I know a lot of people were pretty high on him coming out of the draft.
Yep, it’s kinda strange. I jus watched some of his college vids n he looked pretty good: 5’9, 210, not the fastest, but pretty quick/shifty, n nice balance/power for his size.

Meanwhile, his best game last year was against the Saints where he had 92 yards and one touchdown on 12 carries, filling in for the injured James Conner. So they got to see him closeup, which likely weighed into their decision to sign him.

Still young, only 24 with not much tread on da tires. Can run, catch, play STs, n was given kickoff duties in one game!😂

Hoping he’ll b a nice fit here, n come in as RB3. But we could still use a change of pace/scatback RB in da draft. Wouldn’t b mad at all if we get a Tyjae, Gibbs or Achane, in the 2nd r 3rd rd! We’ll see.

Reading that a lot of teams are interviewing, having private workouts and dining with him.
I have a bad feeling that he won't be there when we draft in the 3rd round.

Reading that a lot of teams are interviewing, having private workouts and dining with him.
I have a bad feeling that he won't be there when we draft in the 3rd round.
Man, talk about bittersweet! 😞

I watched him play a lot last year, n thought he’d b a perfect fit n get for us in the 4th r even 3rd rd!👍🏾

But then along came that dang Cotton Bowl game against a pretty good USC team! 😖

In front of a national audience, Tyjae put on a show! After the game, as one reporter put it, “At times, he was the best player on the field!”

Makin matters “worse” is Spears didn’t disappoint at the Senior Bowl, or his Combine/Pro Day workouts!

Tyjae coulda been “our” little secret! But NOOO, he had to “show out”!!! 😖😖😖

😂😂😂

But who knows? MAYBE he slips to to us in the 3rd rd.

Hey, I can dream!

😂😂😂

Man, talk about bittersweet! 😞

I watched him play a lot last year, n thought he’d b a perfect fit n get for us in the 4th r even 3rd rd!👍🏾

But then along came that dang Cotton Bowl game against a pretty good USC team! 😖

In front of a national audience, Tyjae put on a show! After the game, as one reporter put it, “At times, he was the best player on the field!”

Makin matters “worse” is Spears didn’t disappoint at the Senior Bowl, or his Combine/Pro Day workouts!

Tyjae coulda been “our” little secret! But NOOO, he had to “show out”!!! 😖😖😖

😂😂😂

But who knows? MAYBE he slips to to us in the 3rd rd.

Hey, I can dream!

😂😂😂
I feel like we should stand pat at 29 and 40...then trade back up into the 2nd round to grab him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom