Saints Saints Re-sign Andrus Peat/5 year $57.5M ($33M Guaranteed) (1 Viewer)

What a strange example of a player who had to make you "come around" to appreciate him.

Pierre ran like his feet were on fire during his rookie preseason.......scored the opening TD on a muffed punt while playing special teams in the first win of that season for the Saints against Seattle.....and when given his first major chance in week 17 @ Chicago, absolutely lit it up. By 2009 he was probably the best screen-pass RB in the league. All of that while having been brought in as a UDFA and consistently being the ultimate team player and doing what was asked.

I would think better examples would be Ingram or Meachem......both of whom were #1 picks and were into their 3rd seasons before things seemed to finally click for them.
Like Pierre, Peat is no superstar at his position. When we had Thomas, in the beggining I didn't quite appreciate what he brought to the team. I was never disappointed by Thomas because he was a hard woker and very dicipline. He was probably a bad example but I was trying to point out how I couldn't see clearly how valuable he was. I wanted a home run hitting speedback. But looking back I'm thankful for him. Peat has been disappointing but the team sees value in his abilities. I want to be able to look back and say I was wrong about him as well.

Could be worse. I am sure that there's much better available in free agency.
Feel free to point them out. The OT market is thin and very, very pricey.

Unless you meant 'I am not sure that there's much better available in free agency', in which case I heartily agree.

Unless you meant 'I am not sure that there's much better available in free agency', in which case I heartily agree.
Umm when did we shift gears and start talking about replacing Armstead? lol

I will say this tho they put Peat in a bad spot last year. He was clearly still hurt but Payton made him play instead of letting him sit and have Easton play the playoff game against Minn. I screamed at the TV set when he came back in the game after getting bulldozed over. Just didn’t understand how Payton didn’t see this and kept him in there. It was just another strange decision by Payton in that game. Not utilizing Murray when it was clear AK wasn’t haven’t a great game and not keeping the ball in Taysom hands when he was clearly the hot hand were the other two bad decisions that lost us the game.

Oops, that's exactly what I meant. :covri: Dead Falcon well deserved. I edited it.

I will say this tho they put Peat in a bad spot last year. He was clearly still hurt but Payton made him play instead of letting him sit and have Easton play the playoff game against Minn. I screamed at the TV set when he came back in the game after getting bulldozed over. Just didn’t understand how Payton didn’t see this and kept him in there. It was just another strange decision by Payton in that game. Not utilizing Murray when it was clear AK wasn’t haven’t a great game and not keeping the ball in Taysom hands when he was clearly the hot hand were the other two bad decisions that lost us the game.

Peat is ALWAYS hurt. So it's tough to use it as an excuse at this point...because it will happen again this year, next year, and so forth.

is this upgrading the team? while the bucs are stacking the saints are doing very little. 5 years for 57m? this is an awful deal.
Lol what have they done? Signed Brady? Ooooh no Brady who was trash last year and is only going to get worse whatever will we do ?

eeikhhkvaaa3psp.jpg
It's one thing to get beat by Aaron Donald. That happens to a lot of OL. It's an entirely different thing to be on your knees looking back at your QB looking like you don't know the snap count while Donald rips your QB's tendons to threads.

Except we are paying him as a LG capiche? lol
Lol, have you checked what guards are making in this round of FA?

But no, I still have to disagree. He, his agent and those teams utterly desperate for a capable left tackle would also be considering him as a potential LT signing with plus versatility. That means $$$

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom