Saints Saints Re-sign Andrus Peat/5 year $57.5M ($33M Guaranteed) (3 Viewers)

He’s your starting LG and backup LT. He’s not great at either but his versatility adds value. And it keeps the line and depth intact allowing the team not to be forced into having to draft a guard. The only sure plug-and-play guard in the draft is Solomon Kindley so re-signing Peat became a must in recent days.

I don’t like how injury prone our left side of the line has been the past couple of years and how it will probably continue to be going forward.

Double+Face+Palm.jpg

when hes healthy he dominates whoever is in front of him.

if he gets a scratch.. he falls over.

BLAHAHA. Saints homers throughout the forum are currently trying to track down all of their negative comments for delete. Wasn't he the reason the Saints didn't win the Super Bowl last year? Oh boy...I can't wait for the posts in this thread.
It's a bad overpay there's no way around it, I would have only liked this move if it were shorter term like 1 or 2 year with way less avg per year.

I think Peat was saved by the fact it was a terrible crop of Interior Free agents. The best guys (Thuney, and Scherff were franchised and not allowed to hit the market) so that limited the options severely... teams don't just gamble on uncertainty and put all their Eggs into a Rookie as an OL starter year 1.

It's going to take some time to get over this..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom