Saints Saints Re-sign Andrus Peat/5 year $57.5M ($33M Guaranteed) (1 Viewer)

Not that his opinion is gospel but people respect RevDeuce and he says Peat did better than Easton.

That (Rev saying he did better) def doesn’t hold any more or less weight for me than anyone else saying it. Outside of the coaches, Peat’s peers etc.

I too think Easton was at least AS good/bad as Peat. Limited reps tho. Admittedly.

Not soft in that regard. Soft in that he has no mean streak imo that o linemen need.

And respectfully disagree that it has nothing to do with whom is beat to get Drew hurt.
Peat has whiffed way too many times in his career imo.

On his health I hope he can get healthy and remain healthy, for his sake. He’s been banged a lot.
Will continue to pull for him and hope he does wel

If you read that article RevDeuce did earlier on this thread, same page, it says he has a mean streak. And it doesn't matter who Donald beat on that play. Hypothetically, would you be saying Armstead sucks because Donald beat him on the play that injured Brees? Willie Roaf? Carl Nicks? I've said before that if Brees murdered someone in cold blood right in front of me I'd volunteer to get rid of the body and take the fall but hating on someone for getting beat that led to an injury? I just can't get behind that.

If you read that article RevDeuce did earlier on this thread, same page, it says he has a mean streak. And it doesn't matter who Donald beat on that play. Hypothetically, would you be saying Armstead sucks because Donald beat him on the play that injured Brees? Willie Roaf? Carl Nicks? I mean I've said before that if Brees murdered someone in cold blood right in front of me I'd volunteer to get rid of the body and take the fall but hating on someone for getting beat that led to an injury? I just can't get behind that.

I’m gonna read it.
And not at all. I’m saying it (and I never said the player sucks, I don’t do that) is a collection of work that Peat has that leads me to my personal opinion of him not being a very good guard.

With TA, had it been him it would have been the exception. With Peat it’s the rule. Peat gets beat and abused quite often.
imo.

ETA:
I also don’t hate on him. And I don’t think he’s a bad guard for that one play. And to put those other guys in the same sentence with Peat is a gross disservice to those guys.

I’m gonna read it.
And not at all. I’m saying it (and I never said the player sucks, I don’t do that) is a collection of work that Peat has fine that leads me to my personal opinion of him not being. a very good guard.

With TA, had it been him it would have been the exception. With Peat it’s the rule. Peat gets beat and abused quite often.
imo.

To me, not being very good and sucking are the same thing.

To me, not being very good and sucking are the same thing.

Gotcha.
Was just clarifying as it seems I’m not too welcome here anymore and I don’t want it to seem I’m dogging on the players lol. Lots of my posts get deleted now and I’m not even doing anything. So just clarifying. ?

I think that anyone good enough to make it to the NFL is head and shoulders above me and most people and deserves respect for that.
So for me, almost none of them can suck. But they sure can be what I feel are fringe players and not be very good comparative to their peers.

I am going to pray for the mods on this site that Peat doesn't get hurt this year lol. Can you even imagine the posts?

Hopefully no one would bag on him for getting hurt. His health is way more important than football and he can’t control that. I think he’s a fringe player even when fully healthy.
Good on pulls, swings, run game but very very poor in pass pro.

Gotcha.
Was just clarifying as it seems I’m not too welcome here anymore and I don’t want it to seem I’m dogging on the players lol.

I think that anyone good enough to make it to the NFL is head and shoulders above me and most people and deserves respect for that.
So for me, almost none of them can suck. But they sure can be what I feel are fringe players and not be very good comparative to

I think you're more than welcome to be here. Is that about the Jenkins move and now this? That's nothing. Don't worry about that, keep posting away, the Allfather commands it!

I think you're more than welcome to be here. Is that about the Jenkins move and now this? That's nothing. Don't worry about that, keep posting away, the Allfather commands it!

Not to the leadership lol. But thank ya.
Im gonna keep posting until they yank my privileges. I’m just gonna try and go with the crowd a lot more now. When in Rome.

Yes I was not too happy about the Malcolm move either but he is smart and fiery. I’m exited for that aspect.

That (Rev saying he did better) def doesn’t hold any more or less weight for me than anyone else saying it. Outside of the coaches, Peat’s peers etc.

I too think Easton was at least AS good/bad as Peat. Limited reps tho. Admittedly.

I mean, as I understand it, Rev has actually gone to at least one school to learn how to scout. Beyond that, he, Ellias, and Nick Underhill, have shown in the past that they are very good at analyzing film.

Not to the leadership lol. But thank ya.
Im gonna keep posting until they yank my privileges. I’m just gonna try and go with the crowd a lot more now. When in Rome.

Yes I was not too happy about the Malcolm move either but he is smart and fiery. I’m exited for that aspect.

Screw that, don't placate anyone here! Voice your opinion, everyone else can just deal with it.

I mean, as I understand it, Rev has actually gone to at least one school to learn how to scout. Beyond that, he, Ellias, and Nick Underhill, have shown in the past that they are very good at analyzing film.

Absolutely. I mean none of them any disrespect. Before that gets misconstrued. . No doubt they’re competent and qualified. I just use my own eye test. That’s all.

Screw that, don't placate anyone here! Voice your opinion, everyone else can just deal with it.

Nah, it’s ok. I traded in my drum set for the community drum set and will march to their beat. ?

And hope I’m wrong on Peat and that he balls out! I also just think it was too rich for him. But as Tribune and others have pointed out, look at what guards are getting paid right now. Mediocre players imo that are all being grossly overpaid. Perhaps I’m just getting old.
ETA:
@Scorpius the Allfather I read the article. Nice write up. I can name more than 7 guards I’d rather have than Peat. And knowing Coach likes to slide tackles in there I could name a whole lot more than 7.
Also the players he uses for an example to help justify the pay are way way better than Peat. IMO.
Everyone he mentions except Flowers who got less.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom