Saints Saints Re-sign Andrus Peat/5 year $57.5M ($33M Guaranteed) (2 Viewers)

Man it was very hard for me to warm up to this signing at all but I am trying here you have to give me that. If you would have told me yesterday the Saints would sign a huge 5 year 60 million dollar contract I would have got excited as heck thinking we got a superstar in FA, then you would have told me I would wake up and it would be Andrus Peat today and I probably would have punched the messenger square in the face! This does nothing to brighten this Corona dreariness for me lol.

Ok I read Deuce's article I feel a smudgeon better. At this point I will take a smudgeon. The guard market was crap and those guys were getting big time bucks, again little bit better. It's not like there are Carl Nicks out there to sign. Furthermore Armstead has never in his entire Saints career EVER played 16 games, so it's not a matter of IF but WHEN in the year we need a replacement at LT. With Peat we don't have a Roaf but we already have Armstead's yearly replacement in house and we dont need a backup tackle. I feel like I just put lipstick on a pig but at least it has lipstick now lol.

I'm pretty positive you'll be fine with this joke but should you trust your own eye test?

You know I’m fine with that lol. And as I go further blind it’s a valid Q. The disease hadn’t progressed/remitted to this point until last summer. So yes, as I’ve been watching him for awhile, and the Saints since 1980...I trust my eye test. Soon I won’t be able to. ?

Man it was very hard for me to warm up to this signing at all but I am trying here you have to give me that. If you would have told me yesterday the Saints would sign a huge 5 year 60 million dollar contract I would have got excited as heck thinking we got a superstar in FA, then you would have told me I would wake up and it would be Andrus Peat today and I probably would have punched the messenger square in the face! This does nothing to brighten this Corona dreariness for me lol.

Ok I read Deuce's article I feel a smudgeon better. At this point I will take a smudgeon. The guard market was crap and those guys were getting big time bucks, again little bit better. It's not like there are Carl Nicks out there to sign. Furthermore Armstead has never in his entire Saints career EVER played 16 games, so it's not a matter of IF but WHEN in the year we need a replacement at LT. With Peat we don't have a Roaf but we already have Armstead's yearly replacement in house and we dont need a backup tackle. I feel like I just put lipstick on a pig but at least it has lipstick now lol.

Great post. I’m in the same camp. And love that Peat can play tackle when needed but lately he’s had enough trouble being healthy enough to play guard.

Brady is the GOAT and we haven’t seen him with a cast of weapons like Tampa has in a very long time. I wouldn’t count him out just yet.

Attachments

• 7745462ba8bfcccf9b6805a1dc5068d14e85bf939d79d6e3551d03a32eab9673.jpg
    7745462ba8bfcccf9b6805a1dc5068d14e85bf939d79d6e3551d03a32eab9673.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2
Brady is the GOAT and we haven’t seen him with a cast of weapons like Tampa has in a very long time. I wouldn’t count him out just yet.
Absolutely, we haven’t seen him with a cast of weapons like this in a long time.

However at the same time, we’ve NEVER seen him with a defense or offensive line as bad as the Buccaneers’.

Last year, Brady put up his 2nd worst YPA in his career at 6.6 (behind only his 6.3 YPA season of 2002 where the Patriots went 9-7 and missed the playoffs) and tied for his 3rd worst season in completion % (60.8 %).

The Patriots went 12-4 last year but only once did Brady lead them on a game winning drive or a 4th quarter comeback (Week 15 against the Bills) which tells me that they were playing with a lead more often than not. He more than likely won’t be afforded that luxury in Tampa and will have to try and carry a team with a bad defense, offensive line, and a lack of a running game barring wholesale changes between now and the start of the season.

Now he might be able to pull it off, nobody knows, but until I see it myself, I have to be skeptical like a lot of others.

I hope they draft an offensive lineman this year. Durability is always a concern and even though we're bringing back the same line we need some quality insurance and someone to push the starters. Really would like to trade back and get another pick or two (Ireland has been money in almost every round).

Absolutely. I mean none of them any disrespect. Before that gets misconstrued. . No doubt they’re competent and qualified. I just use my own eye test. That’s all.

That's totally fair and you might have the knowledge necessary to judge O-line play. I just know that I don't know enough about O-Line play to have an educated opinion so I tend to count on guys like that who do know what they are doing. There is another poster around here that is pretty much so an expert on O-line play, but I just can't recall his user name right now.

I mean, I can watch a RB, QB, CB, even a WR and spot some stuff, but O-line play and LB play seem so technical that it's hard to know what is going on and who is doing their job right.

I'm still skeptical of Brady in Tampa. He has weapons, but he has a much worse o-line than he had in New England. And, I don't think that Bruce Arians' offense really fits what he does best now. Brady looked pretty pedestrian last year and I'm not sure playing behind a bad o-line is going to make that any better. He's not exactly mobile.

That's totally fair and you might have the knowledge necessary to judge O-line play. I just know that I don't know enough about O-Line play to have an educated opinion so I tend to count on guys like that who do know what they are doing. There is another poster around here that is pretty much so an expert on O-line play, but I just can't recall his user name right now.

I mean, I can watch a RB, QB, CB, even a WR and spot some stuff, but O-line play and LB play seem so technical that it's hard to know what is going on and who is doing their job right.

TCUDan I think?

And those are great points. I have zero idea about the technical and assignment aspects of o line. None.
It’s just my couch eye ball test. I have zero scouting experience or coaching experience.

Absolutely, we haven’t seen him with a cast of weapons like this in a long time.

However at the same time, we’ve NEVER seen him with a defense or offensive line as bad as the Buccaneers’.

Last year, Brady put up his 2nd worst YPA in his career at 6.6 (behind only his 6.3 YPA season of 2002 where the Patriots went 9-7 and missed the playoffs) and tied for his 3rd worst season in completion % (60.8 %).

The Patriots went 12-4 last year but only once did Brady lead them on a game winning drive or a 4th quarter comeback (Week 15 against the Bills) which tells me that they were playing with a lead more often than not. He more than likely won’t be afforded that luxury in Tampa and will have to try and carry a team with a bad defense, offensive line, and a lack of a running game barring wholesale changes between now and the start of the season.

Now he might be able to pull it off, nobody knows, but until I see it myself, I have to be skeptical like a lot of others.

I believe a lot of people will be very surprised by the TB defense this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom