Saints re-sign Carr (1 Viewer)

Familiarity has always been a trait under Sean Payton. Some good, but a lot of bad.

I actually like carr a lot and wish we'd use him more like we used lance moore.
Hold on there....LOL. Lance Moore has skills and talent. Recalled during the 2008 year saying this guy is really good. To use him like Moore require Carr to have skills like him.

I think this signing has a lot more to do with the pandemic than the staff viewing Carr as a talent. With Thomas who is our only Vet with meaningful knowledge and experience in this offense and Smith who is a developmental guy with a lot to prove , The staff probably felt that it was important to have a guy like Carr back especially going into a lot of unknowns with camp and a shortened offseason.

I’ll be surprised if he made the final cut but I can see why they felt the need to bring him back with Sanders who will need to get caught up and a plethora of young receivers trying to learn the system and make the team.

A draft deep in WR talent and we bring back....the piano player. If Sanders goes down, we are AGAIN down to MT as the only viable WR option. Brilliant waste of the end of Drew's career.

Taysom Hill is our legitimate #3 WR but media talk so much about him trying to play fulltime QB in the future that we keep forgetting that he’s performed at WR at a high level as an all-purpose player. Everyone views him as a backup QB playing WR when it’s completely the other way around. As of right now Taysom’s a WR/HB who can potentially become a starting QB

For real though, he's not making the team. These guys are camp bodies.

Taysom Hill is our legitimate #3 WR but media talk so much about him trying to play fulltime QB in the future that we keep forgetting that he’s performed at WR at a high level as an all-purpose player. Everyone views him as a backup QB playing WR when it’s completely the other way around. As of right now Taysom’s a WR/HB who can potentially become a starting QB
Taysom is a weapon not a full wr. We need another wr who can run the route tree

the playbook is pretty deep. we need people who know it well and can be trusted.

Trusted to do what? Dude has like 10 more catches than you in a 3 year career. You can trust a TON of people to replace that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom