Saints re-sign Gramatica and officially hire two coaches.. (1 Viewer)

thanks much for the info!!!

cheers to Gramatica for saving our kicking game last year.... he really seemed to ENJOY making those field goals and he was actually getting some touchbacks as well...

Do we keep two kickers this season, or do they battle it out in training camp??

Guess I should've opened the link first, my bad..

Last edited:
thanks much for the info!!!

cheers to Gramatica for saving our kicking game last year.... he really seemed to ENJOY making those field goals and he was actually getting some touchbacks as well...

He had one touchback, after a penalty that let him kick from the 45 yard line.

he didnt really have the touchback ability that Mare had, but he had the leg strenght to blast 54yrd fieldgoals, I say we keep both like we did with Carney and that other guy....why not, we kept 5 tightends.

I like the resigning and the addition of Coach Jones to the staff. Personally though, I would have preferred a running backs coach more adept to helping Reggie on a one on one basis. I don't know anything about Kromer though so maybe he is that guy.

Now we're cooking! Good to see Grammatica in the fold. I hope he beats out Mare for the job.

"Kromer has been an offensive line assistant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oakland Raiders for the past seven years."

2 of the worst offensive lines in the league over the past few years. Not sure if this is the guy we want.

"Kromer has been an offensive line assistant with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oakland Raiders for the past seven years."

2 of the worst offensive lines in the league over the past few years. Not sure if this is the guy we want.

I agree. Puzzling hire. Maybe he is an old friend of Payton's or someone he owes a favor to. :hihi:

He's had to coach the RBs on how not to get killed on the backfield behind those lines... great hire I'd say. :shrug:

But to be honest... the Raiders were near the top in rushing... I think... top 10 maybe?

for every person that would like to see improvement there's another that (seemingly) want any new coach or player to be a bust.

Maybe that's why he's doing running backs now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom