Saints re-sign OL Cameron Tom (2 Viewers)

We have to be missing something here. For that money and the chiefs offering something close. Peat must be better than we all think. I won’t lie like 2 yrs ago I even thought he was one of our better lineman
Maybe if he could stay healthy and in shape (and trim some weight) he could be one of our better linemen, but if he continues to get injured and gain weight, he will be a turnstile in pass pro, and defenses will move their ends into the A gap to take advantage of him the way Minny did in the playoff game.

Maybe if he could stay healthy and in shape (and trim some weight) he could be one of our better linemen, but if he continues to get injured and gain weight, he will be a turnstile in pass pro, and defenses will move their ends into the A gap to take advantage of him the way Minny did in the playoff game.

I agree with all of this but I think he’s also mentally soft.

I hate to say it and hope I'm wrong but I really think Clapp will not make the final roster, especially if we draft an OL......

Happy for Mr Tom. He was an academic stud in college which doesn’t hurt when playing center, even if he is the clear back up.

We have to be missing something here. For that money and the chiefs offering something close. Peat must be better than we all think. I won’t lie like 2 yrs ago I even thought he was one of our better lineman
I think Mike Detillier said it in an interview... there were some good prospects for Guard that were quickly picked up by other teams. He mentioned Glasgow, I can´t remember the other one. This left the team with no other choice. Detillier was surprised they re signed him long term.

I think Mike Detillier said it in an interview... there were some good prospects for Guard that were quickly picked up by other teams. He mentioned Glasgow, I can´t remember the other one. This left the team with no other choice. Detillier was surprised they re signed him long term.
Well I feel better knowing that the move surprised Mike as well. I respect his take on Saints issues and personnel.

Apparently we few that think Andrus Peat is not a good guard, are not alone. This is from another Saints site...

Attachments

• A06DB667-B277-4751-8F30-50D8A67876E0.png
    A06DB667-B277-4751-8F30-50D8A67876E0.png
    755 KB · Views: 6
  • 65BE09F6-837B-47DE-BAA3-84EF6747A94C.png
    65BE09F6-837B-47DE-BAA3-84EF6747A94C.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 7
Apparently we few that think Andrus Peat is not a good guard, are not alone. This is from another Saints site...
I don't think you're alone in your opinion. But we also have to recognise we're not Pro coaches or scouts.

I am far more interested and likely to be swayed by a Mike Detillier quote (like the one you mentioned) than a fan board poll, for almost any topic one could ever dream up ?

I don't think you're alone in your opinion. But we also have to recognise we're not Pro coaches or scouts.

I am far more interested and likely to be swayed by a Mike Detillier quote (like the one you mentioned) than a fan board poll, for almost any topic one could ever dream up ?
? agree my friend. On both points. I hope Andrus is healthy and plays lights out next season and beyond.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom