Saints re-sign OL Cameron Tom (1 Viewer)

I'm concerned about our Guards. I don't know why we resigned Peat. Guy was a major weak link.
We have to be missing something here. For that money and the chiefs offering something close. Peat must be better than we all think. I won’t lie like 2 yrs ago I even thought he was one of our better lineman

I'm concerned about our Guards. I don't know why we resigned Peat. Guy was a major weak link.
Not to most here.
I'm glad now we can move on with the OL debate around here. Our OL gave up the second to least sacks in the league last year and we're mad. Poor Kyler Murray got sacked 50 times.
Our O line gave up the second to least amount of sacks because we have a QB that gets the ball out and even at his age has an uncanny ability to slide in the pocket. We have good tackles, a promising young center, a slightly above average right guard and a turnstile with the toughness of a marshmallow at left guard.

Not to most here.

Our O line gave up the second to least amount of sacks because we have a QB that gets the ball out and even at his age has an uncanny ability to slide in the pocket. We have good tackles, a promising young center, a slightly above average right guard and a turnstile with the toughness of a marshmallow at left guard.
I don't think you've ever mentioned your reservations about Peat before? ?

But seriously, it has to be somewhere between him being much better than a lot of fans think, and him being the best option in a market that is desperate for capable OL play (even at what seem like a very high contract value).

I don't think you've ever mentioned your reservations about Peat before? ?

But seriously, it has to be somewhere between him being much better than a lot of fans think, and him being the best option in a market that is desperate for capable OL play (even at what seem like a very high contract value).

I do agree that there wasn’t much better available this offseason and he brings continuity. I also know that Sean and co. know a lot more about Peat and football talent than I do.

And yes lol, guilty. I’m just a fan on a message board that voices my opinion about our favorite team as the rest of us do. I believe Andrus is a below average player. Not the worst by any means.

I did find it very funny that he made his way onto a best of all time Saints list. Had I been drinking something when I read that I’d have spit it out. Carl Nicks is on a whole ‘nother planet talent wise than Peat, but to each their own.

Eta:
I stand by my assertion that just because we had the second fewest sacks allowed doesn’t mean we had/have a great O line. Drew is responsible for that.

Where are we with Omameh? It seemed like he was our best OL backup last year.

Look guys, teams will eventually find a way to exploit your weaknesses. We didn't win 13 games with a poor oline.
If BPA gives us a guard then great! We could use a guard and with grabbing Sanders we now have to WR's that can get open. That was half the battle. If the Defense is getting interior pressure, shutting down the screen game and only 1 WR is getting open, there isn't much you can do offensively. Especially when your coach refuses to run the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom