Saints re-sign Raphael Bush (according to Rafael Bush) (1 Viewer)

saintsfanfl

They call me Boudreaux
Reaction score
Saints re-sign Raphael Bush (according to Raphael Bush)

Saints make their first offseason move by resigning Bush for another year.

At least according to his own Twitter feed.

rafael bush ‏@rbush36
Resigning with the saints for another year #whodat
Retweeted by Larry Holder

Saints make their first offseason move by resigning Bush for another year.

At least according to his own Twitter feed.

What does this tell me.

Rafael Bush
IAQ
Malcolm Jenkins
Roman Harper

All under contract for next year, yet we were scouting Safeties@ respective bowl games.

1 of the above players might not be here next year.

My guess Harper.

Just a theory though.

Unless you take a guy like Cooper Taylor in the 6th which would give u 5 Safeties but we also have 2 other safeties on the PS from last year. I don't know but i sense some change coming here.

Bush was probably the best safety on the team last year. Very well rounded and a special teams ace. He's the type of guy who may eventually get a shot at starting SS.

What does this tell me.

Rafael Bush
IAQ
Malcolm Jenkins
Roman Harper

All under contract for next year, yet we were scouting Safeties@ respective bowl games.

My guess Harper.

Just a theory though.

Unless you take a guy like Cooper Taylor in the 6th which would give u 5 Safeties but we also have 2 other safeties on the PS from last year. I don't know but i sense some change coming here.
we would be foolish to cut our best safety and one of our best defenders, Roman Harper. without neck we would have zero aggressive run stoppers

What does this tell me.

Rafael Bush
IAQ
Malcolm Jenkins
Roman Harper

My guess Harper.

Just a theory though.

I guess Jenkins is a better candidate for cutting. Harper still has some guaranteed money coming to him and has two years left on his contract. Jenkins has only one year left and the dead money would be lot less for him being cut. If that is the case then Payton would take a hit to his pride for cutting a first round choice so soon.

The Saints under Payton have traditionally kept a large number of safeties for special teams and such. I remember the running joke on the board back in 2006 about fielding an all safety defense.

Bush was probably the best safety on the team last year. Very well rounded and a special teams ace. He's the type of guy who may eventually get a shot at starting SS.
Bush was a decent backup but he wasnt better than Harper, hes willing to hit receivers just like IAQ but both were hesitant coming downhill on rbs from what i remember. They are good young players though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom