Saints re-sign safety D.J. Swearinger (1 Viewer)

This is a very underrated player; very happy to have him back on the roster. He will be outstanding depth for us.

I agree. Swearinger is a dog, and he brings vet intensity to the DB corps.

This moves makes the possibility of Vonn Bell settling and returning to the Saints about 0.0%

I agree. Swearinger is a dog, and he brings vet intensity to the DB corps.

This moves makes the possibility of Vonn Bell settling and returning to the Saints about 0.0%

Yes I'm afraid so, but we should be fine without him. Malcom Jenkins, Marcus Williams, C.J. Gardner-Johnson, D.J. Swearinger, and Saquan Hampton is about as good of a safety group we have ever had. With Marcus Lattimore and Janoris Jenkins manning the starting corner spots, this could potentially be the best defensive backfield we have ever fielded.

It looks great on paper; hopefully it all comes together.

And yes, Swearinger is definitely a dog...he brings that certain type of swagger anytime he is on the field.

This is such a crucial signing. It’s very clear to me now that the Saints planned on all of this. No coincidence that the end of season additions are signed and part of next season. DJ played well in the limited snaps. I didn’t realize it but he could have been playing Bell out of a rich contract.

We need a Outside CB i PJ doesn’t fit that bill I wanted him back but as a Dual Safety I think that role has just been filled meaning he’s being shown the door as well as Bell.

Yes I'm afraid so, but we should be fine without him. Malcom Jenkins, Marcus Williams, C.J. Gardner-Johnson, D.J. Swearinger, and Saquan Hampton is about as good of a safety group we have ever had. With Marcus Lattimore and Janoris Jenkins manning the starting corner spots, this could potentially be the best defensive backfield we have ever fielded.

It looks great on paper; hopefully it all comes together.

And yes, Swearinger is definitely a dog...he brings that certain type of swagger anytime he is on the field.

Marshon, not Marcus.

Swearinger is more of a SS I believe.
Does anyone know which safety spot Jenkins plays?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom