Saints REAL defense? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The defense is looking like everyone thought they would before the season started... and the way that our offense turns the ball over is not helping at all...

all of the stars that we have on the offensive side of the ball we should score 40 points a game... and then it would not matter how crappy the defense plays...

I think this is the Saints D that we will see for the rest of the season?:dunno:

They are playing like most people expected

well we did lose: harper, ninko and they were key losses to the D.

but i agree on everything else.

Defense allowed 24 points... against an offense like Cincy I'd say they did a decent job... the offense left 14 points on the field... our punter had a bad day.. all 3 phases share this loss...

we dont have the talent on D. Everyone knew this coming in. I am fairly confident we'll start seeing an overhaul of the D next year (hopefully in the back 7)

I have to disagree. The defense actually held one of the league's most explosive offenses to 10 points into the fourth quarter. Clearly this isn't an elite defense, but they certainly are playing better than anyone thought they would before the season started. If we had minimized the turnovers on offense, we probably would be having a completely different discussion right now.

I see this defense coming back strong next week. Let's face it, the AFC is clearly the stronger conference. We have a string of NFC games left to play, and there's no reason to think the defense can't rise up and pull its share of the load.

The defense is pretty capable of being average. They are going to give up some big plays, I said this last week, the offense has to stop giving the ball up and putting them behind. We threw two KEY INT's that should have at least been 3 points each (possibly 6 if we can punch it in). Instead we give Cinci the ball with momentum.

This defense is very capable of being average, but it is not capable of being put in bad positions and making up for what the offense can't do. Key to the game: We don't turn the ball over we win, we put the ball on the ground, throw INT's, leave points out on the field with key red zone mistakes we are going to lose.

Thats it, if Brees doesn't throw those two INT's in the red zone and the one brought back for the TD we win this game.

The defense is pretty capable of being average. They are going to give up some big plays, I said this last week, the offense has to stop giving the ball up and putting them behind. We threw two KEY INT's that should have at least been 3 points each (possibly 6 if we can punch it in). Instead we give Cinci the ball with momentum.

This defense is very capable of being average, but it is not capable of being put in bad positions and making up for what the offense can't do. Key to the game: We don't turn the ball over we win, we put the ball on the ground, throw INT's, leave points out on the field with key red zone mistakes we are going to lose.

Thats it, if Brees doesn't throw those two INT's in the red zone and the one brought back for the TD we win this game.

I know Bress threw the picks...but He did not get 3 TDs caught on him
The two pics that occured in the endzone did take points off of the board... but they did not put the defense in poor field position or anything

I also think that with the talent we have on offense we should average about 35 points per game

BAD DAY ALL AROUND

What about the steelers game

They allowed a bunch of points... but when you turn the ball over and give teams a short field you are asking alot from your defense. I didn't say that they are perfect by no means... all I'm saying is that its not all their fault.

They allowed a bunch of points... but when you turn the ball over and give teams a short field you are asking alot from your defense. I didn't say that they are perfect by no means... all I'm saying is that its not all their fault.

Its the turnovers fault...
I do not have any problem with a team scoring on us when we turn it over... the plays that i am talking about is getting shredded by CJ, and other receivers. They give up way too many big plays

This defense played plenty good enough today for them to win this game. I thought they held their own actually.. That was a good team we were playing. Was one pass thrown at McKenzie today? I dont remember one.

This defense played plenty good enough today for them to win this game. I thought they held their own actually.. That was a good team we were playing. Was one pass thrown at McKenzie today? I dont remember one.

no... Why throw at Mckenzie when Fred"watch me get lit up and burnt up the field all day" Thomas had no chance of stopping CJ

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom